NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Phone Screen then Interview in-house but I never made it in house. The person I talked to was nice and most of the question were behavioral. It took them a while to respond to my follow up question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What is your favorite class?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

It was like 15 minutes kinda easy. Just be prepared to answer questions with 2 different scenarios. Also be able to explain certain things you know about able and do you know basic computer skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY).

Interview

3 set of on site interviews, 2 technical and 1 managerial. Managerial Interview was good and gave insight to the team, people and role expectations. Technical interview was aligned to the role.

Interview Questions

• Gave a C++ code and asked to identify error   2 Answers
    • Data structure for a phone directory problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter at first, asking me to respond with answers to pre-screen questions. Then phone screen with hiring manager. Invited for an on-site interview 2 weeks later to meet with various members. Everyone was nice and down to earth, however the director was hostile and highly condescending. It honestly felt like he was actively trying to find flaws, rather than find my strengths. I enjoyed speaking with all the other managers, they asked honest questions and provided useful advice.
    A common vibe I got was that everyone seemed to look down on the competition, rather than respect them.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you deal with conflict
      2) Tell me about one of your projects
      3) What do you know about NetApp
      4) Why NetApp?   1 Answer

Java UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Refereed by employee, interview took 45 minutes, for Java UI developer in October 2016 (waltham, MA). Process took 1 day. phone interview and ask to write script. interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Questions Was on java script and object oriented programing and ask to write a script.   Answer Question
    • Multi threading, final finalized diff between, about project done in college, data structure Question,   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Waltham, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was scheduled for 4 hrs of f2f interviews with 5-8 people after 2 phone screens. Between last phone screen and the f2f, the job description changed without notification and interview was abruptly cut short/cancelled. Wasted 1/2 day + 3 weeks of my time. They don't seem to know what they are looking for and are unorganized and unprofessional. Office was a ghost town and parking lot half empty. Layoffs?

Interview Questions

• Asked me to solve their current software design problems. They wanted free design work.   2 Answers

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. After the HR contacted me, she called for an inital phone interview. She then set up an interview for me with the Manager. After a round of onsite interview, I got a call from the HR the same week. She said I got the job and asked for salary expectations. They offered a good pay for an Intern.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Met with 3 different interviewers with varying levels of experience in the team. Each posed different questions and sat with me individually for about 30-45 minutes each. The overall interview process went well. I was pleased at the professionalism of the team but they were also very down to earth. They made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult interaction you had and how you resolved.   Answer Question

Student Contractor Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

3 - 4 rounds of interviews with people from Management and Engineering. Roughly 20 - 30 minutes each. Asks a variety of questions ranging from relatable skills to personality and judgement abilities

Interview Questions

• Why are you studying your certain degree?
      What is something that you've done in your own time relating to the degree?   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First I had a Phone interview with HR. Then I had phone interview with hire manger . Then had on site interview with quality manger, test engineering manger and supplier engineering manager for total 3 hours. The last one is lunch interview with quality and test director at Netapp cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• How to review and approve the BOM? When you get RMA return from customers, what process to handle the RMA? What is the most problem have you seen in Agile for ECOs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty good offer, I accepted without negotiation