NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The process involves a series of 1:1 interviews starting with the HR coordinator, meeting with the team members, and ending with the hiring manager. My interview for this job was an internal transfer and I did not use glassdoor as glassdoor did not exist when I interviewed for this job.

Interview Questions

• Mainly technical questions related to the job. In addition, questions were asked about how I dealt with adversity and change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but my interview was an internal transfer, so the options were fairly limited.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

I had only one technical round. Interviewer was a little busy and he told me that and we jumped straight into technical questions. The next round was for discussing the role about development and QA and one more round for HR. I got the offer on the same day and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed in college and the question is about inverting a binary tree. Difference between process and thread.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

MTS3 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Mostly data structures, permutations, linked list, and explanation of projects on the resume. Was referred internally. Had a phone screen. ANd then 5 onsite interviews on the same day. Communication from the HR was quick.

nterview process (Phone screening and Personal) -HR contacted me first collecting my interest and sharing Job position details -Phone screening from one of the team members asking about the nature of work in past, what I am looking for in future job. -There 3 people who interviewed me. one concentrating on testing skills, one on automation skills, one overall. - Difficulty level of Interview was average.

Interview Questions

• Reverse linked list, binary search trees, permutations   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 50 minutes, including 3 to 5 questions about C++, 2 to 3 questions about multithread, one question about debugging. Most of them could be found in Glassdoor. The interview is performed through pad.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with HR followed by multiple interviews onsite. Onsite interviews were with HR, leaders/manager of various sister teams (Engineering, Marketing) and VP. The HR person talked about availability. The other leaders talked about the interactions I would have with their teams. I did not interview with anyone else in the direct team, except for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were non-specific. Was asked to express the reason why I was interested, and how I could add value.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also submitted my resume to a current NetApp employee at the time. I receive an email from a recruiter to schedule an interview within the next week. I was invited to an in-person interview day for potential University Graduate Hires, interviewees placed in their own conference rooms, each interviewee interviewed for 2 different positions by 3 employees on each team, followed by lunch with some interviewers to allow for Q&A time.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how to solve for NPV? What can you bring to our team/How will you contribute to our team?   Answer Question

Channel Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Englewood, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Very Time consuming over 4 interview time slots and talked with 5 people. First interview was 2 hours long with three local people. One that was leaving the job, District Manager, and then a technical director. Second Interview was with the hiring Manager, 3rd interview was with the hiring manager and a person from his staff. Could really have been done in one day if they had their business in line. A waste of time. Perhaps this is why the stock price is dropping.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current role? What would I do to generate Channel revenue outside the box? What was my biggest accomplishment to date?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took 4 weeks for a call back after an online submission. The HR people seemed dis-organized and stressed, the interviewers were good although time constrained. They kept checking their cell phone alerts.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 instances where you helped the team exceed sales quota.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

3 stage interview process (Phone screening and Personal)
    -HR contacted me first collecting my interest and sharing Job position details
    - Difficulty level of Interview was average. If you are very good at basics and what you put on resume you might get through.
    - After getting through you get a call from HR explaining the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Regular Expressions in PERL
      Questions on File operations in C
      Questions in previous work projects
      Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied here as a new college grad. Netapp takes students with BS degree as MTS-I and those with MS degree as MTS-II. One phone screen, three rounds technical and one with manager.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen:
      1. Past experience.
      2. Projects during MS.
      3. Hash tables, collisions, scheduling and memory management techniques.

Onsite:
      1. What are the complications of kernel programming when compared to user space programming?
      2. BST lookup(), insert() and delete().
      3. How does the communication between the processor and disk happen?
      4. Some C++ questions.
      5. Eliminating duplicates in an array.
      Answer Question