NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

Channel Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Englewood, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Very Time consuming over 4 interview time slots and talked with 5 people. First interview was 2 hours long with three local people. One that was leaving the job, District Manager, and then a technical director. Second Interview was with the hiring Manager, 3rd interview was with the hiring manager and a person from his staff. Could really have been done in one day if they had their business in line. A waste of time. Perhaps this is why the stock price is dropping.

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my current role? What would I do to generate Channel revenue outside the box? What was my biggest accomplishment to date?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It took 4 weeks for a call back after an online submission. The HR people seemed dis-organized and stressed, the interviewers were good although time constrained. They kept checking their cell phone alerts.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 instances where you helped the team exceed sales quota.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

3 stage interview process (Phone screening and Personal)
    -HR contacted me first collecting my interest and sharing Job position details
    -Phone screening from one of the team members asking about the nature of work in past, what I am looking for in future job.
    -There 3 people who interviewed me. one concentrating on testing skills, one on automation skills, one overall.
    - Difficulty level of Interview was average. If you are very good at basics and what you put on resume you might get through.
    - After getting through you get a call from HR explaining the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Regular Expressions in PERL
      Questions on File operations in C
      Questions in previous work projects
      Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied here as a new college grad. Netapp takes students with BS degree as MTS-I and those with MS degree as MTS-II. One phone screen, three rounds technical and one with manager.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen:
      1. Past experience.
      2. Projects during MS.
      3. Hash tables, collisions, scheduling and memory management techniques.

Onsite:
      1. What are the complications of kernel programming when compared to user space programming?
      2. BST lookup(), insert() and delete().
      3. How does the communication between the processor and disk happen?
      4. Some C++ questions.
      5. Eliminating duplicates in an array.
      Answer Question

Director Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Long interview process. Many many meetings with many many people. Had to follow up several times with recruiter to get any answers on progress. Recruiter told hiring manager I had taken another job when I hadn't. When I called the hiring manager she had no idea I was still available. Inefficient and slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no room on salary but some room for options and signing bonus

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

a series of one on one interviews with most of the team members. Some technical questions, no stupid questions ( e.g., write a quick sort ). Team 1 on one day, brought back again a different day.
    Later I learned that team #1 lost the job requisition but they referred me to a different team.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty painless. Interviewers were very down to earth and easy to talk to. Mainly talked about my day to day role and logistics. It was a group interview, and my direct manager was present, so it was nice to get to know her and see what it would really be like working under her. The other two people present were alumni, both very nice and knowledgable and helpful.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than a Q&A session. I didn't feel like I was being tested or challenged or put on the spot.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter. The process happened pretty fast. Had a phone screen with the hiring director. Did not continue as I felt the position requirement does not much match very well.

Engineering Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

It was a internal upward move. I had started with Ntap as IT support & had remained in that role for about 4.5years. When the job of engineering Lab Mgr opened I applied for it. Talked with the VP of engineering & her 2d, they both talked to my current mgr. I was a good fit and allowed to move over.

Interview Questions

• When can you move into the role?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

one phone screen with the Director of Staffing and then 4 people on the panel, two recruiters, one sourcer and the VP, it was a fairly easy interview, they did not ask me any tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightword - related to the req load you carry, how do you make offers in a competitive market space etc.   Answer Question