NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

I got the two rounds interviews via phone calls. The first round was from the campus manager, basically just going through my CV and talk a little bit about the company. The second round was from the manager and engineer about tech stuff. The people from NetApp are really nice and friendly. It is more like talking about themselves instead of an interview. The atmosphere is really great.

Project Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetApp in May 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and thoughtful. Panel was well put together and job responsibilities were clearly outlined. Would recommend to others as a positive place to interview and work. Not sure what else to write for the minimum

Interview Questions

• Why am I leaving my last job   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was too rush and because of going into wrong direction without receiving any hints it ends up I didn't have enough time to show what I really know and capable of

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NetApp (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews. The process was as expected with very fair questioning that pertained to the position. I was very happy with the value that came out of the interview process through feedback and elaboration of questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Product/Solution knowledge & positioning   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I was a contractor prior to being converted to full-time. I was not interviewed for the position, but was offered a full-time position at the request of the executives I supported at the time. I was hired based on the quality of the work that I produced over the course of a couple of years.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The process involves a series of 1:1 interviews starting with the HR coordinator, meeting with the team members, and ending with the hiring manager. My interview for this job was an internal transfer and I did not use glassdoor as glassdoor did not exist when I interviewed for this job.

Interview Questions

• Mainly technical questions related to the job. In addition, questions were asked about how I dealt with adversity and change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but my interview was an internal transfer, so the options were fairly limited.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

I had only one technical round. Interviewer was a little busy and he told me that and we jumped straight into technical questions. The next round was for discussing the role about development and QA and one more round for HR. I got the offer on the same day and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed in college and the question is about inverting a binary tree. Difference between process and thread.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

MTS3 Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Mostly data structures, permutations, linked list, and explanation of projects on the resume. Was referred internally. Had a phone screen. ANd then 5 onsite interviews on the same day. Communication from the HR was quick.

nterview process (Phone screening and Personal) -HR contacted me first collecting my interest and sharing Job position details -Phone screening from one of the team members asking about the nature of work in past, what I am looking for in future job. -There 3 people who interviewed me. one concentrating on testing skills, one on automation skills, one overall. - Difficulty level of Interview was average.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 50 minutes, including 3 to 5 questions about C++, 2 to 3 questions about multithread, one question about debugging. Most of them could be found in Glassdoor. The interview is performed through pad.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with HR followed by multiple interviews onsite. Onsite interviews were with HR, leaders/manager of various sister teams (Engineering, Marketing) and VP. The HR person talked about availability. The other leaders talked about the interactions I would have with their teams. I did not interview with anyone else in the direct team, except for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were non-specific. Was asked to express the reason why I was interested, and how I could add value.   Answer Question