NetApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked to NetApp briefly at my college's career fair and this led to a couple phone interviews. The first was a standard HR call, the second and third were light technical interviews Basically talked about C/C++, OOP, and my own development history. The questions were fairly easy, just needed enough information to cover the basics. For the technical interviews were with two of the engineers I would be working with and were basically just gauging by skill level and interest in the project.

Interview Questions

• What are the basic considerations and potentials pitfalls in designing multi-threaded applications?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Career fair. Then phone interview. Then 4 rounds of on site interview. Three technical and one HR interview. Then reply in 3 days. Overall exp was very good. great company. Very good. warm people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - 2 rounds. First round manager, second round with team member. Manager interview is more of a background check along with checking if you can think logically. Go over the resume thoroughly. If you know what you say you do you should be good

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - detect a loop, reverse list, dynamic mem allocation   Answer Question

Demand Panning Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NetApp in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. It was described to me as a two-way interview. I was basically just asked to speak a little bit more specifically about some of the things on my resume and we discussed how it would fit in at NetApp

Interview Questions

• They just asked me to go into more depth about specific parts of my resume   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Phone call followed by onsite. Nothing interesting. They asked questions that are not related to the job position.
    Its easy to get a job here, no surprises.

In a stream of integers from 1 to n, only one number will be repeated. How can you tell what that number is?

pay sucks

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fare and was asked by them to apply online too to fasten the process. 3 days later I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the team members of their software development team. After phone interview, I was called to their Wichita site for 3 rounds of interviews. 4 days later received a call from them offering me the summer intern position.
    Overall process was smooth, interviewers were very friendly. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but their friendly behavior made me comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. The interviewer was very kind, and asked some basic data structure questions, which are very simple. Then I got the phone interview with some concurrency and operating system questions, and discussed about my resume. Because I didn't know answer one of the question, I failed the phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by two people, one from University recruiting and another through a current employee contact. I ended up getting one 20 minute phone interview with the director of the internship program.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a new grad role. I managed to talk to the University recruiting folks at the college career fair, and pass my resume. I got an email a couple of weeks later for a schedule for phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later they called me onsite and conducted interviews with the team. I got a call after 2 weeks that they were interested to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Very generic behavioral interviews. They want to know if the candidate is a good fit for NetApp's work culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was smooth. Was tested on OS and networking concepts. Had two rounds. Initial was a phone screen and next was a talk with the manager. Went on for an hours and yes, was offered internship after 2 weeks. I had applied online and got a call in 2 weeks period. The application was made to a general pool and team specific manager called me and spoke to him