NetApp Member of Technical Staff II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Member of Technical Staff II Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied here as a new college grad. Netapp takes students with BS degree as MTS-I and those with MS degree as MTS-II. One phone screen, three rounds technical and one with manager.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen:
    1. Past experience.
    2. Projects during MS.
    3. Hash tables, collisions, scheduling and memory management techniques.

Onsite:
    1. What are the complications of kernel programming when compared to user space programming?
    2. BST lookup(), insert() and delete().
    3. How does the communication between the processor and disk happen?
    4. Some C++ questions.
    5. Eliminating duplicates in an array.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Easy process with 3 rounds.
    2 technical round and 1 manager round.
    Technical questions with programming skills is tested.
    brilliant minds and innovative environment.
    Employee friendly surrounding
    it was a good experience
    very easy to communicated.
    offer was good compared to expectation.
    great place to work

Interview Questions

• Technical questions
      programming skills is tested.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was with the senior manager and many rounds with other team members and managers. Quite a lot of managers for a team. Almost 7 of them. One engineering manager round was followed by Product manager, Program Manager and rest by QA lead and team members,

All of them were easy. Bit of testing here and there, but a lot of aptitude.

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Was asked about basic programming and computer architecture questions. some decent data structure questions were also asked. The whole interview was mainly focused on C [programming skills and operating system concepts

Interview Questions

• Was asked to design a 4 bit CPU by my interviewer. He was trying to check my grasp on computer architecture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

5 Rounds of Technical discussion mostly Core java (since i am a java guy) , DS / Algo and problem solving.
    Mostly on DS like implement hashmap , arraylist , permutation of alphabets in phone keypad etc.
    Interviewers were polite and nice folks.

Interview Questions

• Algo to find at which node 2 linkedlist intersect
      L1 :1->2->3->4->5
      L2 : 7->8->9->3->4->5

L1 and L2 intersect at node 3
      Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp in December 2012.

Interview

Hiring process in IITs
    1. CGPA cutoff of 7.5 and above
    2. There was a written test. Aptitude + technical test (questions from C, OS and data structures).
    3. 4 rounds of interview.
    First round was general talk + tech (about job profile, general questions and some technical questions)
    Second round was pure technical. There were 3 sections in that. Data structures and algos, OS and problem solving skills. Asked many questions in all 3 areas.
    Third round was again technical round. Asked about OOPs concepts and questions, web related questions (explain the process that happens after you write a URL in browser and hit enter etc.), hash tables, again some OS related questions.
    Forth round was HR round. Normal HR questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• In 3rd round of tech interview, about storage management of user details at web servers and how to optimize that.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Guwahati (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

3 rounds, 2 technical and 1 hr spanned around 2 hours. Firstly questions were about the Mtech project and algorithms. Second technical round had questions completely related to testing.

Member of Technical Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

They have a streamlined interview process. Being an out-of-state candidate that time, I had two rounds of phone interviews (45 minutes each). The onsite interview was a positive experience. Their main focus is on operating systems, file systems, data structures, puzzles, algorithms and C.

Interview Questions

• How would you deduplicate an infinite stream of characters over the network.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

1. Aptitude was quite tough
    2. C questions were good. All can be worked out with good understanding of C (especially pointers & stack)
    3. Basic OS questions

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

1. Testing understanding
    2. Ability to come-up with test scenarios
    3. Scripting skills
    4. Logical thinking with puzzles

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was beyond my expectation. But the salary components were not explained. It was later on that I learnt that salary was much lower than what I was given earlier.