NetApp Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2016

3.2

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. He mainly asked questions about my resume and experience. He also asked about my study abroad experience. Then I was invited to an onsite interview that lasted 2 hours. When I came for my onsite interview, I was met in the lobby by my first interviewer and taken to the interview room. The room had a couple whiteboards and I was encouraged to use them during the interview. I interviewed with 3 people on the team that I would be working with. The first person I interviewed with was a manager and the other 2 were Engineers. The interviews were very behavioral and I was encouraged to ask questions. They asked me questions for the first half and I asked them questions for the second half. It was a very enjoyable and relaxed interview. I learned a lot about the team I would be working with, the company culture, and the job I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked on a team to build a piece of software?
      Tell me about a time that you had to learn a programming language that you didn't know (without professional instruction)? How did you go about learning the language? What resources did you use?
      Tell me how you would write a function/method that would take a subnet mask as a parameter and return the number of hosts the subnet could support if 2 of the IP addresses were reserved?

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from the hr in the beginning. After 2 weeks, I got 2 phone call from 2 other staff from the company. They are actually my mentors in the summer where I was there. They asked my previous projects. Nothing more. After 2 weeks, they asked me to tell what I would like to do. They gave me an offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• What I should do with a project they provided to me?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Netapp had this interview day planned. Lot of candidates from other universities. The event did not involve a pre screening through a telephonic interview. They shortlisted the resume through the career fair at the university.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were general. Like why netapp? explain your strengths and weaknesses, explain your most challenging projects, They also tested our troubleshooting skills through a network problem.   Answer Question

Contract Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

I had one phone and three live Interviews with a 3rd party recruiter, department peers, and the hiring manager, as well as delivering a requested 20 minute presentation to demonstrate my training skills.

Interview Questions

• Able to work in an industry and culture of constant flux?
      Previous work in a technology=based environment?
      Experienced in both live and eLearning training development?
      1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

basic Computer questions Basically they teach you everything, well you learn it by taking calls and being insulted. Learning on the fly, customers call in and you feel lost as he@@. Sometimes you'll have a colleague help if he's not busy or agitated. Take courses some where, it helps knowing SAN, NAS, etc.

Interview Questions

• Networking
      Cabling
      DNS
      Ip address etc
      1 Answer

Member Technical Staff, Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR on phone after a few weeks of applying. I had 2 Phone interviews with managers and 4 rounds onsite with engineers. I was interviewed in RTP. Later on I was given a position in Sunnyvale.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions straight out of Cracking the coding interview (2 dimensional array and stack)

Design a hash map.

Difference between mutex and semaphore.

Explain memory management and scheduling using a small program as example (in depth OS fundamentals).

Threads, process, stacks, heaps - what is the relationship among them.

1 hour of questions only on pointers (eg. structure pointers, function pointers, incrementing and decrementing pointers)

Using dynamic memory allocation flatten a 2 dimensional array into a single dimensional array. Row wise and column wise. (Again pointer increment and decrement)

Questions on checkpointing and disaster recovery.

Difference between a spin lock and a mutex.

Serialize a binary tree.

MTS-eps Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

phone interview - few technical and OS questions
    onsite - mostly logical puzzles and OS questions.... questions on resume, sorting

SLAM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by two employees. They both described and detailed the job description and asked my prerequisites, questions I had, and why they should hire me if I were chosen.

Interview Questions

• In my case, it would be "what questions do you have for us?" since at the beginning of the interview, I didn't have any. But as it went on, I created some questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

They contact you over phone for a moderate screening. I was a former employee at NetApp and i was applying for a graduate intern position.

I have been interviewed both at RTP and Sunnyvale campus for two different teams. The culture is the hiring manager tries to get as many engineers from his team or occasionally other closely working teams to interview you.

There were 6 interviews for me:
    1. Analytical and basic programming
    2. Scripting like perl/python
    3. Data storage knowledge is add-on. iSCSI, flash, storage stack, disk drivers
    4. File System and OS knowledge is required.

Interview Questions

• They may ask you general stuffs too. Like puzzles. And being a former employee, i have seen that asking puzzles or brain storming programming questions can be fairly expected. But the interviewers are lenient on your performance, they don't grill u or judge your IQ.   Answer Question

I got another offer from Vmware

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Process was very smooth, HR was very responsive to all my questions.
    Went through one phone screen in Dec 2012 - for half an hour. mostly about my academics, projects.
    Gave interesting networking problems and asked how would you go about troubleshooting them.
    Jan 2013 - three onsite interviews - 2 technical, 1 manager

Interview Questions

• Interviewed in Jan 2013 for the networking team.
      - Networking basics: ping, treacrt, IP fragmentation, vlan, routing protocols.
      - Coding round had basic linked list, stack, queue, string manipulations, bit manipulation questions
      - manager round was puzzles and basic "tell me about yourself" type questions and then follow up on those.