NetApp Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was lucky to get an interview through a company recruiter as a result of applying for a software engineer position via their website. The recruiter called me about about a month later and arranged for me to have an on-site interview which was scheduled a week
    ahead. I was interviewed by 4 very technical engineers and the interview lasted for 4 1/2 hours. The interview was made up of programming questions, designs questions and a
    discussion of my work over a long period since I have been in the industry a long time.
    Although I had prepared well ahead, I was still C-algorithm-savvy enough to answer
    some of their questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a binary tree, find the path from leaf node to leaf node such that the values of nodes in between are the maximum. The interviewer was interested more the maximum sum than the path itself.

2. Write/describe algorithm to re-sort a rotated sorted array with O(1) complexity.

3. Given an array of integers design an algorithm to return the sum of all integers in a given range with O(1) complexity. So, sum(i1, i2) returns sum of all integers i1 - i2. No for() loops.
      Now, how would you do it if the array were 2 dimensional?
      4. Merge 2 link lists. So, if the linked lists are L1 and L2, the resultant list will be L1->next = L2, L2->next = L1(original)->next; ... They may not have the same number of elements.   1 Answer

Ops Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, both with the hiring manager. Standard interview questions with behavioral/situational focus. After that, I was brought onsite and had two 45-minute interviews with other interviewers. Thought the interviews went well for the most part. One of the interviewers (the hiring manager's boss) said I had the perfect background for the position after our interview so I was confused when I got the email that the team is moving forward with candidates with a background that fits the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on that used data and analytics.   1 Answer

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First I had a Phone interview with HR. Then I had phone interview with hire manger . Then had on site interview with quality manger, test engineering manger and supplier engineering manager for total 3 hours. The last one is lunch interview with quality and test director at Netapp cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• How to review and approve the BOM? When you get RMA return from customers, what process to handle the RMA? What is the most problem have you seen in Agile for ECOs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty good offer, I accepted without negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

A lady took my Interview, The interview was neither tough nor Easy,the lady was herself confused about the questions she was asking.It was a Qa position but not a single QA question was asked.The interviewer asked questions from the resume,Will recommend not to show extra knowledge in front of the interviewer it might offend his or her ego , just answer what is asked.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were based on the resume and academic projects.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The process involves a series of 1:1 interviews starting with the HR coordinator, meeting with the team members, and ending with the hiring manager. My interview for this job was an internal transfer and I did not use glassdoor as glassdoor did not exist when I interviewed for this job.

Interview Questions

• Mainly technical questions related to the job. In addition, questions were asked about how I dealt with adversity and change.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but my interview was an internal transfer, so the options were fairly limited.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with HR followed by multiple interviews onsite. Onsite interviews were with HR, leaders/manager of various sister teams (Engineering, Marketing) and VP. The HR person talked about availability. The other leaders talked about the interactions I would have with their teams. I did not interview with anyone else in the direct team, except for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were non-specific. Was asked to express the reason why I was interested, and how I could add value.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also submitted my resume to a current NetApp employee at the time. I receive an email from a recruiter to schedule an interview within the next week. I was invited to an in-person interview day for potential University Graduate Hires, interviewees placed in their own conference rooms, each interviewee interviewed for 2 different positions by 3 employees on each team, followed by lunch with some interviewers to allow for Q&A time.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how to solve for NPV? What can you bring to our team/How will you contribute to our team?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

3 stage interview process (Phone screening and Personal)
    -HR contacted me first collecting my interest and sharing Job position details
    -Phone screening from one of the team members asking about the nature of work in past, what I am looking for in future job.
    -There 3 people who interviewed me. one concentrating on testing skills, one on automation skills, one overall.
    - Difficulty level of Interview was average. If you are very good at basics and what you put on resume you might get through.
    - After getting through you get a call from HR explaining the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on Regular Expressions in PERL
      Questions on File operations in C
      Questions in previous work projects   Answer Question

Director Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Long interview process. Many many meetings with many many people. Had to follow up several times with recruiter to get any answers on progress. Recruiter told hiring manager I had taken another job when I hadn't. When I called the hiring manager she had no idea I was still available. Inefficient and slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no room on salary but some room for options and signing bonus

Engineering Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

It was a internal upward move. I had started with Ntap as IT support & had remained in that role for about 4.5years. When the job of engineering Lab Mgr opened I applied for it. Talked with the VP of engineering & her 2d, they both talked to my current mgr. I was a good fit and allowed to move over.

Interview Questions

• When can you move into the role?   1 Answer