NetApp Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Cranberry, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair on campus. HR contacted via email to schedule initial phone interview. Straightforward questions on OS concepts. Was asked to debug code. Heard back in a couple of days, was invited for an on site interview at their Cranberry office. Staff were very amicable and extremely friendly. 4 interviews in all, 3 technical, 1 with the manager based on my resume. All the interviews were pretty standard on OS concepts, code debugging, writing code, oops concepts and design. Heard back in three weeks. Received a mail with the offer. Process took about a month. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Condition variables in posix threads. Some questions about height balanced trees like AVL trees and red black trees. Nothing out of the blue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still contemplating the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

Saw the job posting on University's website, Applied online and got a phone interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview contained no technical questions, asked questioned like what do you know about netapp, do you have experience with Linux?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was strictly behavioral; follow up interview was scheduled to be with a team but the team decided not to follow up with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strictly behavioral, the interviewer goes through and asks questions regarding any major work experience you may have, or any major projects you have been working on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions on Multithreading, bit manipulation. Also was asked about the projects mentioned on the resume.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

After submitting resume at college fair, got contacted for phone screen. It was followed by 4 rounds of onsite interview. They were prompt in getting back after the interviews. Questions asked were standard questions on Data structures and algorithms.

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp (Waltham, MA).

Interview

2 phone interview and then onsite, questions are all related to OS, quit simple.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp.

Interview

I had interviewed with NetApp for a full-time Software Developer position. The interviewer asked me 3 questions. The first was pretty simple involving screening of OOP skills wherein I was given a base class and was told to create a child class for it and then some follow-up questions like what is the use of virtual destructor etc. Then the second question involved pointer skills and was based on structure pointers. And the third was based on Dynamic memory allocation in C.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Onsite, resume question, algorithm question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by email to directly come for onsite for a Software engineer position in Sunnyvale . There were three interviews for each position . The team would first shortlist your resume , then 3 members of the team would interview you for 45 min each. They were all very approachable made you feel comfortable. Amazing interview experience:)

Interview Questions

• The question was to given two words figure out if they are anagrams with O(N ) complexity and using kernel level code.Also optimize further if possible.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Directly called for onsite @ Sunnyvale HQ
    Interviewed with two Platform Teams ( Kernel Teams)
    3 interviews morning session , 3 interviews afterrnoon session

Each interviewer asked about prior internships,research projects and background.
    All of them then dived into OS related questions and few Computer Architecture questions

Interview Questions

• Difficult Questions : Cache Snooping,How do you solve Priority Inversion and Dead locks,what is vfork, kmalloc ,
      Programming Questions : Find a substring in a given string, I gave O(n2),they asked me improve to O(n) and so on. How will implement virtual functions(c++ style) in C. How can you generate a v-table ?
      Unexpected/Silly/Stupid Questions : They gave some incorrect code snippet and asked you to correct it . Most of the errors were like in a for loop to traverse a char of 10 byets the loop will be for( i =0 ;i < = 10;i++) and then u correct it to i <10 . Like really silly stuff.
      I was expecting some algorithmic incorrect stuff ,but they were looking for syntax errors, what don't they have a smart IDE like eclipse or VS 2012 or wut :P
      3 Answers

Negotiation

I had another offer from a reputed consumer electronics company so I asked them to match or do better than that offer.