NetApp Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.9

Customer Listening Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks from first interview to offer. Had a 30 minutes phone interview with the recruiter, she was very nice. Asked me technical and analytics questions from a list. Most questions were based on the the teams needs. Afterwards I interviewed with the hiring manager for 30 minutes. This time it was mostly behavioral questions, trying to get a sense of how I work and if I was a culture fit. Next I was invited onsite and was interviewed by 3 team members for 45 minutes each all behavioral questions and questions about how my experience fits with their requirements. After the interviews I was asked to watch a talk then prepare and present a presentation all in about 30 minutes, this was to rate my communication and presentation skills. Finally I was called onsite again another day for a last interview with 2 more senior team members. This was more like a chat and not a structured interview.

Interview Questions

• statistical technique to analyze difference between 2 means and more than 2 means.
      What is a t-test
      How to conduct a focus group, survey etc
      Basic customer data analysis questions
      Answer Question
    • Explain changes in customer rating feedback   Answer Question
    • Why customer listening?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my base.

Senior Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went through 7 interviews. 2 of them were really brutal. Turns out, one of those people was really tough to work with . 5 of the interviews were over the phone. Only 2 were in person and they happened on the same day. They made me an offer within 3 weeks of the first contact. Turns out I had to defer the acceptance and they held the position for me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to see an example of an integrated marketing plan.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by High Tech Connect, a firm in Pleasanton, CA who was looking to fill a contract position at NetApp on the Global Services marketing team. Offered a full-time position after a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and one future colleague on the team.

Negotiation

Offer was made by a third party recruiter

Member Technical Staff, Software III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

It was normal interview. Nothing unusual. It was not the position for working on Netapp storage technology. So the process was different. This was for their Front end technology and server development group.

Interview Questions

• All java - questions. Linkedlist, graphics, algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who did the initial phone interview who then contacted me a couple of days later to set up a phone interview with the team supervisor. The following week, I was asked on-site for face-to-face interview(s) with four different team members. Not a panel interview, thank god, but rather one at a time (and one via phone conference). The whole onsite interview process took about 2 hours.
    I felt the interviews went well but was still surprised when the recruiter offer came as I was driving home.
    Started 1st day of work within 2 weeks of interviews.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions were asked - mostly just going over my resume more in detail. The manager asked more behavior questions such as explaining how & what process I use for time/project management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a contractor, the offer was set with the recruiter prior to interviewing. I did however set the expectations for a flexible work environment and came to an agreement with the team supervisor & manager.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I got contacted by the company recruiter. After couple of communication emails got interview set up. It was half a day interview with 3 people, director/manager/analyst. 45 mins each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I only interviewed with the first team I was hired to work with. Conference room with all 4 team members in the dept. Interview lasted about an hour. They brought me onboard a week later.

Negotiation

I asked for a specific hourly rate and it was accepted first time around.

Member of Technical Staff Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I applied online and I got call from manager to setup phone screen and I asked for on site interview after phone interview. People are very friendly and great culture.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted by email by the recruiter in the department -- she heard about me through a current NetApp employee. Provided the recruiter with my basic information: resume, salary range, availability, etc. Then received an email from the recruiter requesting my responses to situational questions -- how would you deal with x. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A few days later I met the hiring manager and a member of the team. The interview went very well in my opinion, yet two days later I received a boilerplate email from the recruiter -- thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a situation in case study form. Not really a tough question. It was more a matter of, "which one should I choose."   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Telephonic Interview followed by a on site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Intern salaries are not negotiable