NetApp Interview Questions in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was related to job description, networking ; and about personal experiences related to support role. It was for one hour. the decision was given out 2 weeks later. no offer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Interview process was (1) phone interview first with manager, screening interview. (2) onsite interview with several NetApp members. One on one interviews with Senior Engineers and Managers. Some behavioral questions, for example how would you handle this situation or how would you handle difficult tasks and/or individuals.

Interview Questions

• Work experience and incidents. How incidents or issues were handled. What was your role, etc.   1 Answer

Student Contractor Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

3 - 4 rounds of interviews with people from Management and Engineering. Roughly 20 - 30 minutes each. Asks a variety of questions ranging from relatable skills to personality and judgement abilities

Interview Questions

• Why are you studying your certain degree?
      What is something that you've done in your own time relating to the degree?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

I got the two rounds interviews via phone calls. The first round was from the campus manager, basically just going through my CV and talk a little bit about the company. The second round was from the manager and engineer about tech stuff. The people from NetApp are really nice and friendly. It is more like talking about themselves instead of an interview. The atmosphere is really great.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

1st was pretty intense technical question. Last only half and hour. It'll be really helpful If you know something more than what you learn in college. Previous job experience really helped through the interview. All the answers were directly involved through out the whole time,

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked to NetApp briefly at my college's career fair and this led to a couple phone interviews. The first was a standard HR call, the second and third were light technical interviews Basically talked about C/C++, OOP, and my own development history. The questions were fairly easy, just needed enough information to cover the basics. For the technical interviews were with two of the engineers I would be working with and were basically just gauging by skill level and interest in the project.

Interview Questions

• What are the basic considerations and potentials pitfalls in designing multi-threaded applications?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fare and was asked by them to apply online too to fasten the process. 3 days later I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the team members of their software development team. After phone interview, I was called to their Wichita site for 3 rounds of interviews. 4 days later received a call from them offering me the summer intern position.
    Overall process was smooth, interviewers were very friendly. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but their friendly behavior made me comfortable.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Intially talked to one of the hiring team members at the university career fair. Got a call from one of the managers for a phone interview.
    The next step was an onsite interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a face-to-face interview with 2 technical support people and two possible hiring managers at the NetApp site. I received an offer within the week, but there was a lot of confusion as HR didn't deliver the message. Instead, a recruiting firm that contracts with NetApp contacted me to let me know I was hired. At that time, salary was not even discussed and I was extremely confused. Turned out the manager sent my resume to the recruiting firm without letting me know and that caused a lot of chaos and confusion on my part since I thought the offer was coming from NetApp's HR. I should have known when the manager mentioned how NetApp was the only real player in town (he mentioned Koch, but we agreed Koch was't in the IT business although they do hire a lot of people for various IT positions). He mentioned how they basically can cherry-pick people because they were the only (big) IT player in town. That did not sit well with me since I have an extensive IT background and I'm applying for a peon position just to get back into IT and see what NetApp is about (my family lived in town so I moved back to hang out with them and thought I'd check out this company everyone was raving about online and in Wichita). I've worked for a company out of Sunnyvale, CA, before so I KNOW what a great company is supposed to be like. NetApp was not it based upon that interview process I experienced. I've never had such a negative interviewing process as I did with this company. People in Wichita should get the experience they need but then hoof it out of there after two years. They can get paid so much more in the bigger cities and not be treated as if they nobody.

Interview Questions

• They asked how you would troubleshoot an computer issue, network-related questions (OSI Level), RAID questions (I was asked a nested RAID), Linux-related questions, etc.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

First there was a telephone interview, after that they scheduled an online personality test and technical test and then I got interviewed in company's site and process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between routing and switching?   1 Answer