NetBrain Technologies Interview Questions in Burlington, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

G&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter for a role at NetBrain. I had 2 phone interviews and then I was invited to come in and meet with several members of the team and the hiring manager.

At the conclusion of the 2 1/2 hours of interviews, one of the recruiters said that they would be in touch with me within the next week or so regarding next steps in the process. I NEVER heard back from anyone in HR after coming in for face to face interviews. In my opinion, this is very unprofessional. When a candidate takes the time to come in to meet with people in any organization, the least HR can do is to get back to them to let them know if there is an interest or not. Never ever leave candidates waiting.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone call with HR recruiter followed up by an in person interview with 4 people. Separately - VP, team lead and two co workers.

Interview Questions

• Questions were job specific such as how to work with upset customers. Very straight forward. Looking to ensure a good job fit and corporate fit.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer-CCNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

NetBrain has great and very instant Interviewing and hiring process. I applied online. After my application I had a brief call with Senior Corporate Recruiter and the hiring manager where they described the role and got some initial information on my experience and background. One week later, I had in-person Interview with the hiring manager, Director of Services and 2 Support Engineers .
    The whole Interview and hiring process took only 3 weeks.
    The HR Team was great. They kept following-up with me at least once a week until I got hired.

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter at company followed by in-person interview with 5 different people, including the CEO and Founder. Left feeling good and never heard a thing, despite checking in with the recruiter and saying they were still interviewing. Been two months now, and I've already moved onto a new job, but they need to follow up with people they bring in for interviews no matter the decision.

Interview Questions

• One question was to discuss specifics of clients from a company I worked for over 5 years ago.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

NetBrain's interview process was fairly quick and easy. I applied on their website on a Thursday and was contacted the next day to set up a phone screen with HR and to complete a personality quiz. The following week, I was invited for in-person interviews on Tuesday, where I met with 3 very friendly people at their beautiful office. Everything went well and I was invited back for another set of 3 interviews that Thursday. A few hours later, I received a phone call from HR notifying me that they'd like to extend me an offer and also asking me to submit professional references and information to conduct a background check.

All in all, it was a great interview processes!

Junior Presales Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA).

Interview

The interview process was very normal. 2 phone calls , technical questions in the first two calls . and then face to face . They asked to build a presentation on their product and explain the advantages.

Junior Presales Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Round 1: HR calls to find if you are a fit to the profile. Asks certain behavioral questions about how you feel you are a fit, what skills you bring and talks about your resume in general. Then they have 5-10 very basic network questions which everyone should know like subnets, ip usage, osi layers, tcp/udp and all. They note down the answers and give it to the Hiring Manager.

Round 2: Round 2 is where hiring manager calls and asks how do you feel you are a fit and certain concepts like STP and asks them to answer in very non-technical way. He also asks about what we know about their product and what all features we find interesting

Round 3: In an online meeting the Presales Director asked to give a power point presentation about their product (which is the work usually in a presales team) and asks genral questions

Round 4: On site- Most meeting all the teams like Presales, Post Sales and Advanced services and 1on1 interview with their managers which is mostly conversational.

All and all the experience was very good(unlike what most of the people have been ranting about). They definitely have to constantly follow up with the HR in case they dont get back. It pays. Everyone in the office seemed friendly ad make you feel very comfortable during the interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Short, Nothing excited as they were hiring to fill the position and also to make sure they claim that they're very busy but it was not at all. Same process is going on for while to avoid the trouble.

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

At first, the HR set up a phone interview where she asked stuff on my resume and my background before asking about 10 technical questions. Most of them were okay, but it caught me off guard. You don't normally expect HRs to ask you technical questions. She didn't even know if my answers were right or not. So basically she wrote down all my answers whether or not she understood it and sent it to the hiring manager for review. I managed to do well enough for her to set up a web interview with the Chief Technology Officer person at the company. She told me to study a demo of THEIR software which was tough to understand at times and said that the CTO expected me to explain THEIR software for 30 mins on the phone interview. I mean, shouldn't it be the other way around? Wherein the company explains to you about their software and you learn from it? She just told me to look at their demo video, download their software and learn it. I was baffled. First of all, the demo wasn't explained all that well. Even though I had a CCNA and knew all the commands for configurations of routers and switches, I found it difficult to understand. And also, that software runs only on windows. Doesn't run on Macintosh, which is what I use. So even bigger problem.

I told her the problem and she said it won't be an issue. So once the web interview began with the help of a GoTo Meeting software, I spoke with the CTO person who was Asian and I could barely understand what he was saying. Had to ask him to repeat his questions at times, and even when I answered them he still kept asking the same questions over and over again. I was still able to answer most of them. Later on, he gave me a Thinking Outside The Box type question, which took some time to figure out the answer for. In the meanwhile, he asked if I had any questions for him. So I asked him about the company and what this position entails. He started explaining and I tried to understand it to my best ability. The web interview connection broke down. Neither had I answered that Thinking Outside The Box question nor did he explain anything about the company/position. So the decent thing to do would be to give a PHONE call, right? Well, this person told me to directly follow up with the HR. Basically said, intervew = over. I mean, what on earth was that? You'd expect a person who is a CTO at a company to have some sort of professionalism, right? This guy was apathetic towards his candidate and couldn't care less. That was disgusting tbh.

I had seen the reviews before the interview, and they weren't good. So my interest in the company wasn't great to begin with. But after this interview, I decided to not follow up with them and to reject them if they came up with any further interviews or onsite interview. Never wanna deal with such unprofessional people in my life.

Interview Questions

• Most were straight forward. Questions on OSPF Area Backbone, DHCP, Subnetting were asked during the HR. During the interview with CTO, he was asking stuff about telnet and SSH, ARP and Routing table scenarios and also configuration of cisco routers/switches commands.   Answer Question

Senior C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetBrain Technologies (Burlington, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

This company has 4 steps interview process. 1. Phone screening, others are at the Burlington, MA 2. General Test 3. Programming test on Computer 4. Interview with Manager, etc. If you fail in one of the test in sequence, you are out.

Phone screening was pretty simple with some basic c++ questions with general questions. At the company, first they will give you general test. Which is all about C++ questions. Questions were all about pointers, classes, linklist, etc. If you pass that, you have to write a programming code at computer. I did not pass at that point. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Question regarding linklist pre-order, in-order and post-order   Answer Question