NetLogic Microsystems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

1. interview is not difficult. Manager just want to you write a c code like a insert a link lists.
    2. Engineer most go over your resume and give you a c test. Read c code and tell what program does.
    3. Be prepare to c code like how to find big endian or little endian this machine is.
    4. Reverse a link list is most common.

Interview Questions

They mostly want indian engineer. If you are an indian engineer, you are at advantage.

Signal Integrity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems (Mountain View, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

One screening phone call
    One onsite interview
    Friendly interview talked to 5 people
    The director i talked to was the most demanding of all
    They all seemed very much into what they were doing.
    Not sure what type of general perspective you can get
    People seemed competent though.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from an senior engineer to schedule the phone interview. It was an 1.5 hour interview. First half was about past working experience, second half were some technical questions. Technical questions started out to be very basic, like defining XOR gate, NAND gate, etc., then it went on to designing multiplexers with given gates. The interviewer had a very heavy accent which made it very hard for me to understand his questions.

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems (Cupertino, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Mostly circuit and physical related questions.

Interview Questions

• You need to have a standard cell library to design your adder. What kind of cells you need and how many levels in each cell?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was competitive but not able to negotiate

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of basic question which I was not able to answer because I havent prepared for it. I feel very bad because I missed on of the interviews with the best companies.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems (Cupertino, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

The HR first contacted me over the telephone, and said the director of the group would review my resume to see if I was a fit. Then the director called and we spoke over the phone. After he was satisfied, the HR called me for an onsite interview. The interview lasted for about 5.5 hours, and I spoke to 5 people. The interviews were fully technical.
       After a couple of more days, the director called me in to talk to me, and also asked me some technical questions, He briefed me about the group, and told me what they did. After 3 more days, the HR called me in to give me an offer.

Engineering (Logic Design) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetLogic Microsystems (Cupertino, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

- 1-1 interview with a manager and HR recruiter
    - Then group interview with 4 engineers on networking protocols and architectures, logic design problem (FSM, clock generation, timing analysis), verification methodology
    - Finally reference checking and offer negotiation

This group is former RMI Microelectronics which got acquired by NetLogic in 2009 at a fire sale price (180 M for 300 people.) Senior design engineers already left the group due to problems RMI was going through in the time frame 2008-2009. It does not seem to be a group with high moral and good technical caliber, most people are from H1 visa background and technically okay but not bright.