NetSuite Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetSuite Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 1st round was a brief phone call screening and a few simple behavioral questions. 2nd round was over the phone again but was a lot more in-depth. It involved role-playing a cold-call and why netsuite/oracle questions. The interviewer really wanted to know the true reasons of your intent. 3rd round was an on-site interview. Honestly, probably the most fun part of the interview as the office is filled with amazing people and the interviews were very conversational.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NetSuite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetSuite (Boston, MA).

Interview

The first round was just a screening call from an HR person, next was supposed to be Skype but ended up being phone. There was a role play scenario where I sold a coffee shop to a new customer. Then they flew me up for an in person interview. I had to give a pitch about myself to a room full of people, then talked to 4 other people and shadowed a current BDR. The people were nice and responsive, but I was a little annoyed because 3 of the people that interviewed me had never even looked at my resume. One of them also said the F word in the interview which I thought was very unprofessional.

They put me up in a really nice hotel and paid for my Ubers. Seemed like a fun place to work and everyone there talked about how great their culture was. The position doesn't seem like the greatest but it's entry level and it seems like you can move laterally pretty easily after a few years.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an initial phone interview within a week of applying. I was told that the position I'd applied for was already filled but that I could apply for a different position that already had a few people ahead of me. I went ahead with the interview anyway. It was very laid back. The interview was really easy and it felt like more of a conversation than an interview. He explained that it would be important to ask 4-5 questions about the position for my next interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest weakness?
      What's your greatest strength?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

When I received the first call, the woman I spoke too was very hard to understand making the interview much harder to get through due to the fact that I was constantly asking for the recruiter to repeat herself for me.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three straight forward rounds of interviews. The overall process was efficient and pleasant with no surprises.

First was a brief phone screening with a recruiter to see if you were a good fit for the position. This round consisted of questions about your resume, why you want to be in sales, and very general questions.

The second round was a thirty minute Skype interview with a manager. During this interview you are asked to give a sales pitch about a fake coffee shop. You also answer more behavioral questions and focus on your potential for a sales position. Know who you are as a person and why you want to be in sales and that you know what it takes to be in sales.

Third interview is an on site interview. During this interview you meet with current BDR's, account executive, other managers, and shadow a BDR. More behavioral questions are asked, questions about your qualifications for the position and why you want to work for NetSuite. Be prepared to do a short presentation about why you want to work for NetSuite.

Everyone was extremely helpful and nice during the interview process. The people are genuine and truly interested in who you are and getting to know you. Confidence is key during the interviews!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite (New York, NY).

Interview

First met with college recruiter to learn about the role and see if I would be a good fit. Next step was a video call with a manager where I was asked to sell a coffee shop to an interested customer. The rest of the interview was fairly easy general questions. The last step was an in person interview where I gave a short presentation in front of many people in the office. I then met with both managers, an account executive, and current business development reps. Everyone was very warm and welcoming. Overall great experience.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

Had a initial introductory phone call to discuss experience and behavioral questions. Made it past first round and had to do a video call interview in which I was asked to do a short mock sales pitch in front of a BDR manager. The rest of the interview dealt with behavioral questions. Unfortunately did not make it past this round.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you think the most important qualities are for a person working in sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype call that consisted of a mock sales pitch followed by a few general interview questions. The next and final step was an in person interview. Everyone was very friendly and attentive throughout the process. I never felt like I was waiting on anyone to get back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NetSuite (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a friend who worked there and got an interview through them. The process took about 6 weeks, spoke with a recruiter over the phone, had another phone interview, Skype interview, then an interview in person.

Be yourself and tell them how bad you want to work for NetSuite. Overall everyone who I interview with was very friendly and easy to speak to!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Netsuite?
      What can you bring to the table?
      Why should we pick you?

Be ready to give a 3 min presentation if you get to the final interview.
      Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetSuite.

Interview

Took two weeks. For me, the first interviewer was out of Denver. She was very polite and friendly. My second interview, however, was a totally different story.

The second interview is a video interview over Hirevue. My interviewer was late and very short, he was out of Chicago. Immediately after the mock sales pitch section of the video interview, the fire alarm went off. Obviously this wasn't his fault and he told me they'd email me about setting up a new time. No problem. However, about 10 minutes later he called me and asked to continue the interview via phone. Again, no problem. In this section, however, he only asked me three questions. It seemed clear he felt as though I was wasting his time as he was again very short. Then it was my turn to ask the questions. Each one I asked, he gave me an answer in as few words as possible. For instance, I asked what the culture was like. He responded "It's typical for the industry". That's it. The entire interview, including the hirevue part and the phone part totaled about 15 to 20 minutes. I prepared for about 6 hours the night before. Biggest joke and waste of time I've ever participated in. In the end, he was so short and quick to get off the phone that I couldn't even ask for an email to follow up. Even if I did get an offer, I would NEVER take it. What an absolute joke. I knew that they have people review the hirevue tapes before they move people forward, so it was immediately clear when he called me that he was never serious about hiring me. Good thing I have other offers.