Netcentric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Netcentric

2.4

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netcentric (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I had one interview with a recruiter and one technical interview. Apart from that a short test and after passing this one with a good result, they gave me a long test to see if I can apply for a higher position. This test took quite long, which was the reason why I didn't fully completed it.

Interview Questions

• What websites do you read regarding Frontend technologies   Answer Question

Trainee Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netcentric (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2017.

Interview

All the proces was made in English, all the interviews and tests.

I aplied to an offer posted in GlassDoor.
    The day after that I received an email inviting me to a groupal interview in the Barcelona office.

In the groupal interview we were about 15 people. But I think there was a group just before us.

We had a presentation about the company, the offices they have, how much people was working there, the clients...
    After that they invited us to have some snaks in the office and around 20 minuts after that we were asked to go to a room where we did a test.

We were told to brought our computers for that.
    The test was an online test, different for the ones doing front-end (they do a javascript test) and back-end (it was a Java test).
    The test had 4 questions more or less. They were quite easy but with very limited time each. Every question had its own time to be responded.
    The question were something like a piece of code with some question about that: ¿What would be the output? Change this method to make that. Fix that error... Something like that. Not difficult but you hace to be relaxed because the time is not too much.
    After the test we were call individually to talk with some developer.
    The asked us some questions related to our experience and studies and also some technical questions. It was more like a conversation, I was very relaxed.

Just one week after that we all were called with the feedback and the final offer, even the ones that were not selected were called and got a good feedback.
    I knew some people that were not hired and the feedback was so good so they learn a lot and knew how to improve their skills.

We did this interview on September, and we were starting on November.

Interview Questions

Netcentric Response

Jan 22, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience.

At Netcentric, we live our core values that include “cultivate respect” and “give-and-accept-feedback”. We appreciate the time... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netcentric (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

Multiple Skype interviews and a coding assignment. The assignment was easy, but laborious (2 days+).

Finally received offer without face-to-face interview. The offer was to start as non-senior and the salary was less than we initially discussed. They said it was the normal procedure and that the seniors they hired had to prove themselves first.

One point where I possibly clashed with their culture was that I said that autonomy is good for engineer's productivity, while they think that strictly enforced coding style, peer code reviews, etc. are what they need (mind you they make money selling source code)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specific questions, they were fairly easy.   Answer Question

- The offered salary was below my expectations (which were communicated in the very beginning)
    - Boring technology stack
    - Office location

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netcentric (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

Although I've heard some positive words about the company, I cannot confirm that. The process was 15-20 minutes Skype interview with an HR, asking a standard questions like "why you want to join our company, why you want to change your job, what are your salary expectations...etc". The feedback was that my technical skill are not good enough for them and we cannot continue the process.
    In that moment I realize that maybe they have the magic globe, making them able to see and check my technical skills through the eyes of the HR within 20min Skype interview. Or maybe my salary expectations were different than theirs...
    I could add some additional "stuff", but i don't think that this is so important.
    Anyway... in my case it was a wasting of time. Just a standard company with traditional HR recruitment process.
    P.S. I don't want to say that the company is bad...Maybe it is even a good one to work for, but in my opinion they have to change their recruitment processes.

Interview Questions

• Standard HR's handbook questions.   1 Answer

Oct 20, 2015 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you had a bad experience interviewing with us.
    We evaluate soft skills as well as technical skills in a number of interviews. Although we understand... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netcentric (Barcelona (Spain)) in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by HR as she found my profile interesting to do an onsite interview at their Barcelona office.
    After about 15 minutes of awkward going back and forth looking at the kitchen and the desks trying to impress me with office furnitures I had to ask if we could actually sit and talk about the role.
    So we sat in a meeting room and she asked me to describe my profile. She asked very few technical questions and just wrote down the answers as she did not understand them, not being a technical person.
    Then she went on explaining how their organization is flat and people do not have titles.
    She did not take me to the technical team, but described them as very childish, constantly playing with drones and plastic guns. She made it sound like a positive thing.
    At that point I had to ask again about the role as I still had no idea about it. She said she did not know anything besides the job description, she had no idea about the team, the kind of goals or projects nor the impact.

After that interview she said I would meet the technical team and they could explain everything about it. But first I had to do a technical test at home.
    I explained that in a job interview we usually make sure we are a good match before starting investing time in technical tests and that I would really like to know about the role beforehand. Her answer was simply to do the technical test.
    So I did it, configuring Nginx through Puppet to do a reverse proxy and a forward proxy with logging, as required.
    Then after a few email from my side requiring feedback, HR finally told me my test results were very good and the team was impressed (I don't know what impressed them in this simple task) but we will stop here for the moment.
    So I ended up being called by this lady to do a very unprofessional interview and waste my time on a technical work.
    I do not recommend interviewing at Netcentric.

Interview Questions

• Create/extend an existing puppet module for Nginx including the following functionalities:
       * Create a proxy to redirect requests for https://domain.com
         <https://domain.com/> to 10.10.10.10 and redirect requests for
           https://domain.com/resource2 <https://domain.com/resoure2> to 20.20.20.20.
         * Create a forward proxy to log HTTP requests going from the internal
       network to the Internet including: request protocol, remote IP and
      time take to serve the request.
        * (Optional) Implement a proxy health check.

Please publish your module on a public repo as github.com

We expect an answer from you side containing:

* the link to your module.
         * an explanation of how the module works and how to use it (can also
           be on the repo as a README).
         * how do you come up with the solution.   1 Answer

Aug 14, 2019 – Company

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience.

As one of our core values is “Give and accept feedback”, we will take your feedback onboard. We recognise that the interview... More

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netcentric (Barcelona (Spain)) in December 2017.

Interview

It consisted on a first screening with HR, a technical test, another screening/review with technical peers, a call with the technology responsible within the company, and two more calls with HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you think that Netcentric can provide to your career?   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2018 – Manager

We appreciate the time you’ve taken to share your interview experience, which can be useful for future candidates.

Wishing you all the best at Netcentric.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Netcentric (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

I have applied online for the position and I got a quick response from the recruiter. The first call with the recruiter went very well and I was invited to complete the case study. The second call with the business development manager whom I presented the case study. During this call the manager provided details about the organizational structure, culture and business. He shared his feedback on my presentation and we had to run an additional call to review the case study. I have invisted tremendous amount of time in preparing, discussing and correcting the case study presentation. The overall goal was to finalize the case study results and to present the results to CEO of the company. I was asked to visit their office in Zurich to meet with CEO. As a result I arrived in Zurich, but I didn't have a chance to have a meeting with the CEO as he was on a customer meeting in Munich. I had to present the case study to the business development manager and marketing lead. After my trip to Zurich, we managed to organize the meeting with CEO per skype and I was given a chance to present the case study. I was told that i will receive the feedback within one week. However, I got a call from the recruiter after 2 weeks. She told me that they changed the requirements for the position and I don't meet them fully.

All in all, the overall process wasn't well planned and it was a waste of time and energy as the company members were not really aligned on the job requirements and the communication was pretty bad.

Interview Questions

Netcentric Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and your openness. We are truly sorry to hear about your interview experience. We recognise that the interview process can be demanding, and... More

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Netcentric (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and then I did a personal interview.
    I have never been contacted again and I don't get reply to my emails asking about the process
    Not serious

Interview Questions

• Nothing concrete as far as I remember, just explain your experience   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netcentric (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and conversational. I met with 3 people in total. They were very friendly. At the beginning they gave me a very comprehensive intro to what NC do and why it is unique. They also talked about bonus.ly, Apple gadgets, and holocracy. Then I went on and talked about my past experience and what skills I had. I also ran through some of the exciting projects I have worked on before.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about <AMC product>?
      Why do you want to work with us?
      How many years have you been working in the industry?
      What projects you have worked on before?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Is pretty quick and straightforward. First there's a Skype interview with someone from HR; if all goes well, there's a second one, also on Skype, with a specialist (this is the most important one). If all goes well again, you go to one final in-house interview with someone from senior leadership.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was fair, although we did negotiate a little bit.
    I'd advice to do some salary research on the role and location, and an honest self-appraisal.