Netflix Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Netflix

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix in February 2019.

Interview

Had about 10 interviews with recruiters including a big panel interview with people from the department as well as other departments and were really focused on making sure it was a culture fit

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Talent Recruiter, followed by an in-person panel of 4 people (each interview was 30 minutes). We talked about my previous work experience, what I could add to the team, and also chatted about personal stuff. It was a mix of culture/personality and work discussions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received any type of feedback about your performance? How did you respond?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

1) I applied through their website. Within about a week I received an email from recruitment to set up a phone interview. I was told to review the famous Culture Memo.

2) We spoke on the phone a few days later. Recruitment was very personable and believed my experience matched well with the position. She of course asked me about the Culture Memo; I knew the reputation of this interview so I had some buzzwords memorized and made sure I sounded engaged and impressed with this "unique" way of running a business. Before the interview concluded, she said she planned on speaking with the potential boss soon because she really thought I was a good fit.

3) Over a week later I spoke with the boss on the phone. Very nice, but 95% of the conversation was about the Culture Memo. I assumed this would happen, so I again memorized buzzwords and made sure my personal working style and experiences matched the Memo. She claimed to highly value empathy. She thought I was a good fit and wanted me to come in the following week.

4) Started off well. An assistant brought me to a small conference room and handed me a goodie bag of waters, mints, and a notepad. Then it took a turn when I met everyone.

*An onsite recruiter: a nightmare. She looked at her computer most of the time and responded to me with either a smirk or eye-roll. Then oddly she told me how she only moved to LA because she followed her boyfriend here and would really like to return to SF. And then she ended her portion by telling me that a lot of people don't abide by the culture and that the elevators suck. Great?

*An executive in the dept: a snoozefest, literally. Nice, but could barely keep her eyes open, slouched in her chair, very soft spoken, and even admitted she wished there were more hours in the day. So they overwork you here? Fabulous. And she also complained about the elevators. Ok, I get it. They stink.

*The boss: a complete 180. The fun person on the phone was now dull. She's a front facing person (often in their social media campaigns), but she must've taken some acting classes to get through them. The charisma and enthusiasm were gone.

*Current assistant: overtly bubbly. So much so, that I didn't quite believe her. This facade faded when I asked her how long this process to replace her was taking; she lost her energy and said months, admitting that she was overworked. She is currently doing multiple jobs. Yuck. (And again, complained about the elevators too).

5) The next day I did my due diligence and sent everyone I met with (including the original person I spoke with on the phone), a thank you email. No response from anyone. I checked in again after 14 days and received a voicemail saying I wasn't a fit for the position, but a good culture fit.

6) Lesson from this experience: the Culture Memo is nothing original: essentially trust your coworkers and treat everyone with respect. Duh, that's what every company wants and claims to follow. The people I met with seemed either bitter, exhausted, boring, or insincere -- or a combination of all four. Oh, and I learned that the Netflix elevators are lousy.

Interview Questions

• What's a bit of advice a former boss has given you that you didn't agree with?   1 Answer
    • What did you think of the Culture Memo?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

My interview process started with 2 phone screens. I was then invited to the Netflix office for an interview with a member from the team as well as the talent recruiter. Next, I was invited back for a 2nd round of 3 interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about their values. Be prepared! They live by their culture deck.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was reached out to by a recruiter for a phone interview. Phone call lasted about 35 minutes. Spoke about current duties, responsibilities, etc. Then the interview had a huge focus on the culture piece, which you MUST read if you want to even think about moving forward. Ask engaging questions!

Interview Questions

• Q: What is one thing your boss would say your good at?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is one thing your boss would say you need to improve on?   Answer Question
    • Explain your daily duties in a pie chat format (i.e. percentages)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

First phone screen with recruiter, second phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview with 5+ people, including recruiter. MAKE SURE YOU STUDY POWER POINT SLIDE ON COMPANY WEBSITE OF VALUES AND CULTURE! Recruiter's job seems to be only to make sure you know the company's values and culture inside and out.

Interview Questions

• Expected to have memorized the company's values and cultures power point (50+ slides)   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Email to setup phone call, then a Skype interview with 2 team members in LA. Discussed the role and what the expectations were. Didn't seem particularly interested in previous experience which I found odd.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?   1 Answer