Netflix Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

3.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter emailed me within a week to set up a phone screen with him. After that came two more phone screens with two managers. I was emailed soon after to come in for an in-person. This was with four people, the three I had already spoken with over the phone and one more person from the team. I was called two days later and informed they would not be moving on with my candidacy and was provided very helpful feedback. Overall it just wasn't a good culture fit. The entire process was streamlined and very organized and I was made aware of what my standing was every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you stood your ground even when it was unpopular.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Netflix is the hottest company in Hollywood to work for. Problem is...they know it. So, when they're interviewing you, they like to play games. I was applying for a Coordinator position in their Unscripted Originals department, a position that I was more than qualified for being that I've worked in this space for the past 8 years at numerous production companies and networks. Was emailed on a Friday by one of their recruiters to set a phone interview for that Monday. Therefore, I spent the weekend watching all of their shows, studying the backgrounds of all key Netflix staff members and reviewing the unscripted television marketplace. Needless to say, I was 100% prepared. But, unfortunately, all the recruiter seemed to care about was if I had reviewed their "culture deck" and what my thoughts were about it. Every time I tried to display my knowledge of the space and how my unique skill-set can be of value to their company, she kept going back to this culture deck and grilling me about what SPECIFICALLY I liked about the deck – apparently she wanted a more detailed answer. It was very odd, it was like she was testing me to see if I really read this (irrelevant) deck. I’ll be honest, I skimmed through the culture deck, which was by the way, just some generic 100 slide slideshow talking about what Netflix stands for (which was pretty much what any company stands for). I got off the phone and felt really defeated. Seemed like this portion of the interview process was ONLY a test to see if you really read their culture deck. I guess that’s more important than actually being qualified for the position at hand. Honestly, if this is the type of game playing that goes on within their company, then it’s probably a blessing in disguise. Still love their programming though.

Interview Questions

• Have you reviewed the Culture Deck (that's all they care about for some bizarre reason)?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The interview went smoothly, even though I know they interview a ton of people. Although I didn't get the position, the recruiter is submitting my resume for other positions within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why animation?
      What do you enjoy most about the Netflix culture?
      Why are you choosing to leave your current position?
      Where do you see Netflix in 5 years time within film?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was reached out for a phone interview and went through it. I was told that i would receive an email or a follow up phone call the next week and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

I had a great interview experience with Netflix - honestly the best interview I've ever had. They were quick with their decision and didn't make me wait months to find out either way. The conversations were informative and more conversational than interrogating. They do have a more difficult interview style than most companies but I think that's because they really want to find the right person and want to make sure you know it's the right fit as well.
    Make sure you read the culture deck, it's a great representation of the company's culture and you'll need to know it well to make an informed decision if this is the place for you.

Interview Questions

• They asked me situational questions of what I would do in certain situations - makes you think on your feet   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Netflix through email a few weeks after submitting y resume through their career website. I've also been contacted through LinkedIn. I've been interviewed by their HR department by phone about 2 times in the past 3 years for 2 different positions. I can never get past the phone interview. Maybe it's me, but I'm confident I'm qualified for the positions I was up for and had a good phone call. I work with Netflix from another company, and have colleagues who work there. I know the culture, and am on the receiving end of their business relations. I studied the culture deck, and had what I thought to be good phone interviews both times. I asked solid questions. I listened to them and provided a good account of my background. However, it seems as if they have a set of guidelines that are kind of a 'gotcha" tactic to weed people out which was really unfair. I only know this because when I was told they were not going to continue with me, I asked for feedback, and their answer was odd. For instance, I told them I enjoyed being a leader in my position, to have a proactive stance and to lead by example. They took it to mean that I wanted to have a say in organizational decisions...??!! What? That was not what I said. That is not what I would want, nor would that even be in my purview for discussion. I'm an Assistant. I felt my words were misinterpreted or twisted. It's obvious I'm not the type for them, and honestly - as much as I respect this company and its creative content - I'm happy to work with them from another company. There are some terrific, smart, wonderful people there. But the hiring process isn't great. I also detected a little ageism.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time your thought outside the box on a project? (This is paraphrased. I cannot remember these questions specifically.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a week after applying online. Scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter two days later. I went through the culture deck a couple of times, it was easy to soak in. This call went well enough to schedule a second phone interview with the hiring manager three days after that. She asked some routine questions, clearly going through a list which I didn't mind, and the next day they scheduled an in-office interview for later in the week.

I did a lot of preparation for this one. I met with four people - the same recruiter, the hiring manager, and two others related to the department I was applying for. We met one by one for two hours total. Many of the questions were the same. I thought it went well.

Got a second in-office interview. The hiring manager called me to give me some feedback on the first interview, told me some things to improve for the second, which I duly noted. I met with two new people for one hour - the HR director and the head of the department I was applying for - and kept in mind the feedback I was given. For all intents and purposes, everything went well once again. I read on Glassdoor about someone who got up to this point and still didn't make it, so I wasn't totally sold yet, but honestly I thought I was good to go.

Four days later, I was informed that I did not get the job. They said I wasn't a "perfect" fit, which I can respect, but after all the time spent in this process, you'd think they would have a better idea after so many meetings.

Moral of the story, don't apply for Netflix unless you're extremely qualified and really sure of yourself. Otherwise, you'll waste a lot of time on a job you won't be offered.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about giving negative feedback to a superior?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Initial communication with the recruiter. Second phone interview with the manager and then third interview in-person with three (3) people from the company. Mostly questions asked are how you manage your time, requests, what can you contribute and your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• When asked how to manage requests, prioritization of these requests and how long will it take to fulfill a request.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

The recruiters were very professional and organized. The interview with the team lasted about 2 1/2 hours. It's clear that Netflix is looking for a very specific kind of person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you screwed up at your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The initial process was almost a month from talking with HR/Recruiters to Hiring Managers. Had a total of 10 interviews/conversations with different personnel on the phone, in-person & via Skype. Definitely a new experience on being interviewed which I found was a slight over-kill, but that's the Netflix mantra on finding the best of the best, especially with their 'culture'.

After 10 rounds of talking to different personnel, I got a call that I didn't get the job, which I expected an email saying thanks, but no thanks.

I'm personally a huge fan of Netflix and I admire how coordinate/schedule their interviews on times & dates, but at least after 5 interviews/conversations, they should have an idea of a yes or no on a candidate, as at one stage, I really thought I would get a job offer as the interviews/conversations went on & on. But at the end of the day, they are looking for the 'right' candidate, which I wasn't the one.