Netflix Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

I had a great interview experience with Netflix - honestly the best interview I've ever had. They were quick with their decision and didn't make me wait months to find out either way. The conversations were informative and more conversational than interrogating. They do have a more difficult interview style than most companies but I think that's because they really want to find the right person and want to make sure you know it's the right fit as well. Make sure you read the culture deck, it's a great representation of the company's culture and you'll need to know it well to make an informed decision if this is the place for you.

Interview Questions

• They asked me situational questions of what I would do in certain situations - makes you think on your feet   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a week after applying online. Scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter two days later. I went through the culture deck a couple of times, it was easy to soak in. This call went well enough to schedule a second phone interview with the hiring manager three days after that. She asked some routine questions, clearly going through a list which I didn't mind, and the next day they scheduled an in-office interview for later in the week. I did a lot of preparation for this one. I met with four people - the same recruiter, the hiring manager, and two others related to the department I was applying for. We met one by one for two hours total. Many of the questions were the same. I thought it went well. Got a second in-office interview. The hiring manager called me to give me some feedback on the first interview, told me some things to improve for the second, which I duly noted. I met with two new people for one hour - the HR director and the head of the department I was applying for - and kept in mind the feedback I was given. For all intents and purposes, everything went well once again. I read on Glassdoor about someone who got up to this point and still didn't make it, so I wasn't totally sold yet, but honestly I thought I was good to go. Four days later, I was informed that I did not get the job. They said I wasn't a "perfect" fit, which I can respect, but after all the time spent in this process, you'd think they would have a better idea after so many meetings. Moral of the story, don't apply for Netflix unless you're extremely qualified and really sure of yourself. Otherwise, you'll waste a lot of time on a job you won't be offered.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about giving negative feedback to a superior?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Initial communication with the recruiter. Second phone interview with the manager and then third interview in-person with three (3) people from the company. Mostly questions asked are how you manage your time, requests, what can you contribute and your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• When asked how to manage requests, prioritization of these requests and how long will it take to fulfill a request.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

The recruiters were very professional and organized. The interview with the team lasted about 2 1/2 hours. It's clear that Netflix is looking for a very specific kind of person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you screwed up at your previous job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The initial process was almost a month from talking with HR/Recruiters to Hiring Managers. Had a total of 10 interviews/conversations with different personnel on the phone, in-person & via Skype. Definitely a new experience on being interviewed which I found was a slight over-kill, but that's the Netflix mantra on finding the best of the best, especially with their 'culture'. After 10 rounds of talking to different personnel, I got a call that I didn't get the job, which I expected an email saying thanks, but no thanks. I'm personally a huge fan of Netflix and I admire how coordinate/schedule their interviews on times & dates, but at least after 5 interviews/conversations, they should have an idea of a yes or no on a candidate, as at one stage, I really thought I would get a job offer as the interviews/conversations went on & on. But at the end of the day, they are looking for the 'right' candidate, which I wasn't the one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bordentown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (Bordentown, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview. Person I spoke to seemed to be reading a script: stock questions, very generic. Somewhat condescending attitude as well. Didn't really answer any of my questions while trying very hard to sell the company to me. Never heard back from anyone after interview.