Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Group interview with about 8-10 people total, they go around the room and have you role-play a random scenario, then you use a computer to role-play a Netflix call. They told me they did not offer me the job because I said "umm" too much in the interview and told me that it would be too difficult to train me because of that. They are a call center but they do not want the "scripted" call center attitude/professionalism. I feel like there is definitely favoritism there and that certain people were given an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Favorite movie/TV show, Describe a positive customer service experience when you were the customer Role-plays one not related to Netflix one related to Netflix.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Portland, OR).

Interview

Started with a phone interview, and then a group interview. It turned into survivor, with people being cut after every round. The process included a computer skills test, mock phone calls, and a one on one with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of personality questions and hypothetical situations.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick. Took a technical test for the first interview and then a face to face interview with a Team Lead. After that I took an interactive group interview where they weeded out the weaker prospects.

Interview Questions

• What is your 90 Day Plan if we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotioations.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

the interview Was pretty amazing. at first in meeting in a group interview can seem intimidating but you get past it quick. then you go into a room an really get to know about the company and about the other people in te group. the interview seemed to drag alittle bit while waiting for everyone to answear. was really drawin in by alot of the positive noise about netflix. not sure really what the best move is. the don't give you an answear right away. something you have to wait for.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

So far I was sent an email asking to participate in a digital interview. Completed the interview and the questions were not too hard. It was a little uncomfortable basically speaking into a mirror but it got easier as the interview went on.

Interview Questions

• What does Netflix mean to you? What are you currently binging?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experiences that prepare you to be a Netflix customer service agent.   Answer Question
    • What is a time you went above and beyond at your role? Give examples.   Answer Question
    • Pros and Cons of working in a call center environment.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to deliver bad news to a customer. Describe how you felt giving the bad news.   Answer Question
    • How do you get to work on time ready to get things done?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a mistake at work. What happened and how did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Describe what consistent performance looks like and how you do it.   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to get working at Netflix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call for an open house had a pre assessment then a one on one interview got an email to do a second digital interview witch was really weird did not like it! Still no response from Netflix after the digital interview!

Interview Questions

• What negative response from management and what did you do to fix it!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got a phone to set up a phone interview two or three days after I applied. I was sent an email to complete which covered typing, tech knowledge, and grammer. The phone interview is more of a general Q&A about work experience and how you respond to customers. When you are speaking to the recruiter make sure to use "the STAR method" when responding to behavior based questions. I passed the first step in the process. They invited me out to an interview at the call center. Note the interview really does take 2 hours. The first part of the interview you listen to other agents on the phone. After that you pull into a meeting room and do group role playing. After that I did another interview one on one. One of the interview questions was my attendance record. When I said I was only late twice in the last year the interviewer didn't like the answer. I told him that it was because of the snow. (Keep in mind I live in Utah) he looked dumbfounded. He asked how I could have not been late. My response was leave my house earlier. He still looked very confused. After going through that process I knew I didn't have the job but I wanted to write in here for those of you who want the job. My suggestion for applicants is: Be very extrovetred and make sure to be very personable in the role play part of the interview. If you introvtred this job process probably won't be your style but make to practice before hand.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview the question was: Tell me one time you received criticism and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

You have a phone interview then they invite you to a group interview, have you do role plays with different people.

If you don't get the job, don't waste your time asking why. You'll send multiple emails only to never get a response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (West Valley City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring was done by a third party staffing agency, which was fine. They did a presentation and screening interview at their location. If we passed the screening, they then scheduled us for a group interview at the actual NetflixCS location. The interview at NetflixCS was done in a group. We went around the table and answered questions and then we did simulated customer service scenarios. We received feedback on the first scenario that we were supposed to apply to the second scenario. After that, the interviewers went into another room and made hiring decisions. We knew on the spot if we were hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they asked us what our favorite TV show or movie was and how we we preferred to watch said TV show or movie.   1 Answer
    • What customer service meant to us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Clearwater, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Two step interview, met with a Team lead the second time. Be prepared to he asked questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. Wanted to see how I would respond to different situations.