Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.3

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

I submitted an application on their website and received an invitation to a hangout interview with one of their recruiters. I joined in and the interview was quite straight forward and simple.
I would say that I got an impression that she didn't really read my resume or application and only focused on standardized questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

You have a phone or computer interview and then you will be called for a on-sight interview. At that time you may be called back for another on-sight interview. The interview was a lot of customer service related questions i.e upset customers, good experiences, etc. Also had general questions like "What is something you could improve on?" and "Tell me a time you overcame an issue and what did you do?".

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a upset customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

So far I was sent an email asking to participate in a digital interview. Completed the interview and the questions were not too hard. It was a little uncomfortable basically speaking into a mirror but it got easier as the interview went on.

Interview Questions

• What does Netflix mean to you? What are you currently binging?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experiences that prepare you to be a Netflix customer service agent.   Answer Question
    • What is a time you went above and beyond at your role? Give examples.   Answer Question
    • Pros and Cons of working in a call center environment.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to deliver bad news to a customer. Describe how you felt giving the bad news.   Answer Question
    • How do you get to work on time ready to get things done?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a mistake at work. What happened and how did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • Describe what consistent performance looks like and how you do it.   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to get working at Netflix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, but really chill and positive. I applied about a 2 weeks ago and received an email saying they were considering me for a live interview the following week along with a link to an assessment test I had to take online.

The test was easy. It covered the technological basics of web browsing and typing.

The live interview was pretty unique-it starts with a slideshow presentation that has you and roughly 6 other candidates listen to recorded phone calls showing how you need to treat customers, the success of the Netflix business, the company's values, etc. Then all the candidates are taken on a tour of the building and then on to separate rooms for an interview with a supervisor. They ask you a bunch of questions that you should plan on answering with their "STAR" method.

The final part of the interview was a role-playing section where you are expected to use the Netflix Help Site to solve a customers problem. Again, everything was super chill and they were definitely looking for a non-scripted, natural approach to customer service.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you received criticism and how you responded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was awesome, they talk the place up and show you all of these things you can't say no to. $15 an hour, benefits, flexible schedules, free Netflix. They bring you in, show you all of the cool things, sit you down for about five minutes, ask the regular interview questions such as "why do you want to work here?" And then you leave and get a call a few days later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

My interview process was a little different than how it is now, but it was very simple. Group interview but I've heard they now have you sit with an agent and hear calls now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call for an open house had a pre assessment then a one on one interview got an email to do a second digital interview witch was really weird did not like it! Still no response from Netflix after the digital interview!

Interview Questions

• What negative response from management and what did you do to fix it!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Orem, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

So to echo everyone who has reviewed before me, to get a CSR position is quite the long road. I originally applied through indeed.com. About a week later got a link from them saying they wanted me to do a digital interview. After the digital interview, they contacted me via phone for another interview. On the phone I was offered a in person interview for later that week.
    There were a few other people, besides me who were in the group interview. First part was a PowerPoint presentation showing us how Customer service at netflix is different than your typical call center, which I thought was awesome.

Then they give you a tour of the call center which was pretty big (compared to where I work) and then they have you do a one on one interview-role play with a supervisor. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Just stay relaxed, be genuine (like you're talking to a friend) and not too robotic.

Reading the reviews and experiences here made me kinda paranoid going into the interview, but I don't feel like it was that hard. Just got my job offer (2 days after my interview) and I accepted! Just relax, be cool and confident!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave constructive criticism, and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got a phone to set up a phone interview two or three days after I applied. I was sent an email to complete which covered typing, tech knowledge, and grammer. The phone interview is more of a general Q&A about work experience and how you respond to customers. When you are speaking to the recruiter make sure to use "the STAR method" when responding to behavior based questions. I passed the first step in the process. They invited me out to an interview at the call center. Note the interview really does take 2 hours. The first part of the interview you listen to other agents on the phone. After that you pull into a meeting room and do group role playing. After that I did another interview one on one. One of the interview questions was my attendance record. When I said I was only late twice in the last year the interviewer didn't like the answer. I told him that it was because of the snow. (Keep in mind I live in Utah) he looked dumbfounded. He asked how I could have not been late. My response was leave my house earlier. He still looked very confused. After going through that process I knew I didn't have the job but I wanted to write in here for those of you who want the job. My suggestion for applicants is: Be very extrovetred and make sure to be very personable in the role play part of the interview. If you introvtred this job process probably won't be your style but make to practice before hand.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview the question was: Tell me one time you received criticism and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

You have a phone interview then they invite you to a group interview, have you do role plays with different people.

If you don't get the job, don't waste your time asking why. You'll send multiple emails only to never get a response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question