Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

So far I was sent an email asking to participate in a digital interview. Completed the interview and the questions were not too hard. It was a little uncomfortable basically speaking into a mirror but it got easier as the interview went on.

Interview Questions

• What does Netflix mean to you? What are you currently binging?   Answer Question
  • Describe your experiences that prepare you to be a Netflix customer service agent.   Answer Question
  • What is a time you went above and beyond at your role? Give examples.   Answer Question
  • Pros and Cons of working in a call center environment.   Answer Question
  • Talk about a time you had to deliver bad news to a customer. Describe how you felt giving the bad news.   Answer Question
  • How do you get to work on time ready to get things done?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you made a mistake at work. What happened and how did you fix it?   Answer Question
  • Describe what consistent performance looks like and how you do it.   Answer Question
  • What do you hope to get working at Netflix?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, but really chill and positive. I applied about a 2 weeks ago and received an email saying they were considering me for a live interview the following week along with a link to an assessment test I had to take online.

The test was easy. It covered the technological basics of web browsing and typing.

The live interview was pretty unique-it starts with a slideshow presentation that has you and roughly 6 other candidates listen to recorded phone calls showing how you need to treat customers, the success of the Netflix business, the company's values, etc. Then all the candidates are taken on a tour of the building and then on to separate rooms for an interview with a supervisor. They ask you a bunch of questions that you should plan on answering with their "STAR" method.

The final part of the interview was a role-playing section where you are expected to use the Netflix Help Site to solve a customers problem. Again, everything was super chill and they were definitely looking for a non-scripted, natural approach to customer service.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you received criticism and how you responded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was awesome, they talk the place up and show you all of these things you can't say no to. $15 an hour, benefits, flexible schedules, free Netflix. They bring you in, show you all of the cool things, sit you down for about five minutes, ask the regular interview questions such as "why do you want to work here?" And then you leave and get a call a few days later.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

My interview process was a little different than how it is now, but it was very simple. Group interview but I've heard they now have you sit with an agent and hear calls now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call for an open house had a pre assessment then a one on one interview got an email to do a second digital interview witch was really weird did not like it! Still no response from Netflix after the digital interview!

Interview Questions

• What negative response from management and what did you do to fix it!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Orem, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

So to echo everyone who has reviewed before me, to get a CSR position is quite the long road. I originally applied through indeed.com. About a week later got a link from them saying they wanted me to do a digital interview. After the digital interview, they contacted me via phone for another interview. On the phone I was offered a in person interview for later that week.
    There were a few other people, besides me who were in the group interview. First part was a PowerPoint presentation showing us how Customer service at netflix is different than your typical call center, which I thought was awesome.

Then they give you a tour of the call center which was pretty big (compared to where I work) and then they have you do a one on one interview-role play with a supervisor. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. Just stay relaxed, be genuine (like you're talking to a friend) and not too robotic.

Reading the reviews and experiences here made me kinda paranoid going into the interview, but I don't feel like it was that hard. Just got my job offer (2 days after my interview) and I accepted! Just relax, be cool and confident!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you gave constructive criticism, and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and got a phone to set up a phone interview two or three days after I applied. I was sent an email to complete which covered typing, tech knowledge, and grammer. The phone interview is more of a general Q&A about work experience and how you respond to customers. When you are speaking to the recruiter make sure to use "the STAR method" when responding to behavior based questions. I passed the first step in the process. They invited me out to an interview at the call center. Note the interview really does take 2 hours. The first part of the interview you listen to other agents on the phone. After that you pull into a meeting room and do group role playing. After that I did another interview one on one. One of the interview questions was my attendance record. When I said I was only late twice in the last year the interviewer didn't like the answer. I told him that it was because of the snow. (Keep in mind I live in Utah) he looked dumbfounded. He asked how I could have not been late. My response was leave my house earlier. He still looked very confused. After going through that process I knew I didn't have the job but I wanted to write in here for those of you who want the job. My suggestion for applicants is: Be very extrovetred and make sure to be very personable in the role play part of the interview. If you introvtred this job process probably won't be your style but make to practice before hand.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview the question was: Tell me one time you received criticism and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

You have a phone interview then they invite you to a group interview, have you do role plays with different people.

If you don't get the job, don't waste your time asking why. You'll send multiple emails only to never get a response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Group interview with about 8-10 people total, they go around the room and have you role-play a random scenario, then you use a computer to role-play a Netflix call. They told me they did not offer me the job because I said "umm" too much in the interview and told me that it would be too difficult to train me because of that. They are a call center but they do not want the "scripted" call center attitude/professionalism. I feel like there is definitely favoritism there and that certain people were given an advantage.

Interview Questions

• Favorite movie/TV show, Describe a positive customer service experience when you were the customer Role-plays one not related to Netflix one related to Netflix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out a short application online. I received an email about two weeks later asking me to do some tests including, grammar, typing and technical test. You also had to do this weird thing were you had to either take a video of yourself answering some questions or have a automated voice call. Warning: if you do the automated voice, you have hardly any instructions on how to proceed and I did horribly.

Somehow, I passed that part of the hiring process and was emailed for a phone interview. This was pretty standard and just be yourself. It was about 10-15 minutes and I was asked to come in for an interview. Make sure you ask what you need to bring. In my case, they told me to come dressed casual and to be 10 minutes early and to BRING TWO FORMS OF ID.

I showed up and met with some other interviewees, most of which were great and full of energy. This interview lasted about two hours and here is how it went down.

-The recruiter and two Netflixcs employees were in the interview. The first thing asked was what is our favorite show or movie and how to we enjoy it.
    -There was a small slideshow deal and then we were asked to roleplay. Basically, the recruiter made up a scenario for each individual and the individual had to act like the owner of a business while the recruiter was the customer.
    -After the first roleplay, we had to do a second round of roleplay questions. In this roleplay, the two Netflixcs employees would give each individual feedback and you were to implement it into the second roleplay scenario. Now, this is something I found a bit strange. Almost everyone had negative feedback but me and another person. They said I did a great job and really didn't offer much else. This roleplay was a netflix specific scenario and you had to go up on a laptop in front of everyone and "take a call". I nailed it, or so I thought. I didn't sound scripted, I sounded confident and knowledable. It was all around, a good customer experience.
    -After this last roleplay, we were told that they were going to step out and talk, then pull each of us out for a chat. I was one of the first few called out and I knew this was probably not a good sign. The recruiter didn't even take me in another room, she literally walked me out the door and said "we are just pulling people out and letting them know we will have a decision in a few days."

Now, I understand that I may not fit the role that Netflixcs is wanting for employees. What I don't understand and what I find as an insult to my intelligence is everything that happened in the last minute after I left the room full of people. You ask us to bring two forms of ID but somehow you are now needing a few days to discuss it? Don't be a coward and just be honest with people. We are all adults and should be treated with a basic level of respect.

This really told me a lot about how working at Netflixcs might be, and I don't believe I would have been a good fit with the lack of professionalism on their part that has taken place as soon as leaving the group interview. I still haven't gotten the courtesy email or phone call the recruiter said I would get when walking out the door. Good luck to anyone interview there and don't expect to get the job, even if you have always provided a positive customer experience with great energy.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie or show and how do you enjoy watching it.   1 Answer