Netflix Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Approached via LinkedIn by Netflix talent team. Had a 30 min session on the phone which appeared to be smooth enough. Talent manager informed me that the hiring manager will make decision as to who to move forward with and they will contact me within 2 weeks. Four weeks on have heard nothing back and no reply to my follow up email. Pretty rude

Interview Questions

• Mostely about my current experience in the industry and screen to see if I fit with their way of working   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely smug and rude recruiting staff. Demanded my time but lacked common courtesy in responding to my questions. Said they would follow up but took forever or just ignored questions.

Interview Questions

• How many people did I manage personally and could I work with a smaller team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewer stalked me on linked in, then emailed and emailed for a phone interview. Was on the phone an hour and a half with me, assuring me I had a place at the company, and she'd be in touch right away. I never heard back, despite repeated follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was approached via an executive recruitment agency for the role. As part of the procedure around 8 interviews were held, including global CFO and CLO. these interviews were partly via web call, partly in person. During the interviews I had a very positive experience. Interviewers could detail out the role and the expectations, Netflix culture and values.

The 'aftercare' was unprofessional.

After the final interview there was silence, a long silence. After several emails and calls still silence. Finally I had to learn via the recruitment agency that the silence meant they would not move further with the position. Up to today still no feedback from the Netflix team about why they did not want to move on, the position is still open.

To my view you should always tell candidates about the decision positive or negative, either via a short email, or even better in a short phone call.

Interview Questions

• There were no unusual questions, nor in depth topic related questions. The role was a senior director function, and was more a relation building discussion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. It seemed that the interviewer did not know much about the functions of the job and the skill set needed for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter regarding my resume submittal via their company career site approximately one week after I had applied. The recruiter asked me basic questions related to the position and I also provided him with a high-level description of my background. It was obvious the recruiter was asking questions directly from a pre-prepared screening script.

I was called back the next day and scheduled to hold an additional phone interview with one of the top C-level Executives of the company a few days later. The conversation went well with this individual and I more than satisfied his criteria for being able to perform the job to the point that after our 45-minute conversation he let me know I would be flown to their corporate office in Los Gatos, CA for face-to-face interviews while still on the phone with him.

One week later I am on-site conducting my 5 back-to-back interviews with the leadership and am blowing them out of the water with my knowledge. Everything was going great UNTIL asked what my current total compensation package was with my employer. Let it be known that no one within this organization asked this question until now. Once I informed them of where I stood, things slowly began to turn south and at the end of my interview sessions was told “you are a great fit for this role but we are not sure you would be a fit for our culture”. This was obviously a BS excuse for them to save face with compensation PR. I am sure if my answer to the compensation question was 25k or 30k less than what I told them – I would have been made an offer. What a big waste of time and money for all parties involved.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an employee that is not performing well?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Excellent, know the slide deck before regarding the culture

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, fast, willing to work with timelines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Terrible process. HR was really messed up. Very negative.

People were more concerned about fireing people fast than hiring.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied at Netflix Amsterdam, no reply for weeks, then call to go for a different role. 7 interviews in 7 days later, understood was in final 2. Two weeks later after much chasing, heard I was second. Never received the promised feedback about why, which is strange for an organisation which promotes feedack as part of it's culture. "Let's keep in touch", "I'll book some time to catch up in a couple of months" never happened either. So an inconsistent process and being a bit more genuine would have made it much more credible in the end. Great potential employer though.