Netflix Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Engineering Manager Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix.

Interview

Was reached out to over LinkedIn by a team member (they apparently don’t have recruiters and everyone is expected to hire their own teams…this seemed strange to me). He wanted to setup a call, but after explaining that I couldn’t take a call for another day or two, I was then told this individual was going to be away for several weeks on vacation. Why would you kick-off a job search that you are responsible for owning end-to-end if you are going to go on vacation in the next few days? Simply baffling.

I had a phone screen with another individual and this was actually a positive experience—more of a conversation than an interview. At the end of the call, I was told they wanted to fly me out for an in-person interview. That seemed fast, but hey, also efficient use of time I supposed.

After talking with a separate coordinator several days later and receiving an email request things like frequent flier number, flight time preference, passport number, etc., I was then called an told that another individual accepted an offer that they had already put out. They offered for me to interview for a similar role on a much different team, but it still felt like a bait-and-switch at worst or shady scheduling and poor travel planning at best.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First round focused on technical aspects, second round on culture/team fit. The technical interview questions were quite challenging, but fair. There were no trick questions, but they really did expect you to have deep technical knowledge of the area you work in.

Also don't assume that the HR interviews will be easy. These were actually some of the the most probing and challenging (unlike other companies). They really ask you some hard questions about decision you've made in the past, and why you're looking to work at Netflix.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about the culture slide deck   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Contacted by Netflix. The HR got saw my profile on Linkedin and thought I am a good match.
    Did 2 phone interviews, with HR and the Hiring manager.
    Interviewed in the office twice, once by the hiring manager , second time a half day interview.
    Was asked technical and managerial questions.

The hiring manager came at the end of the day and told me I didn't get the job. I liked the feedback, since most companies don't even bother to notify you that you didn't qualify.

Interview Questions

• How can you help me work with our partners (asked by the product manager)   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix in January 2011.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Invited to an informal interview as a courtesy. Not sure there was really a job available. The talk was perfunctory and not very in-depth. Interviewer spent most of the time talking about his own career and his ups & downs at Netflix. He was not prepared to discuss my resume (even though my skillset matches their business very well), but offered to pass it along to someone who might be interested. Noticed that the office was nearly completely empty in the engineering bullpen. In other words, it was a big waste of time. I sent a thank you note and asked him to please drop me a line about a followup. Nada.