Netflix Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

I was quite impressed with the speed of the interview process. I initially applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview within 4 days. The recruiter and I agreed to schedule our phone interview for 3 days later. Following the phone interview, I received a call the very same day to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager. My interview was then scheduled for the next business day. I met separately with the hiring manager and another manager. The interview was somewhat unstructured. I was asked some behavioral based questions on how I handled past experiences and some situational questions on how I would handle future situations.

The interviewers were friendly and described the culture as non political--very direct and candid. There seems to be high turnover in this call center environment. The management focus is "pursuit of excellence." The structure was described as flat with minimal policies or guidelines. Therefore, I was left with the impression that managers are given the latitude and discretion to manage their people with close guidance of the HR Director.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach and advise your managers on how to be fair and consistant when managing the attendance of their employees without an attendance policy in place?   Answer Question