Netflix Part Time Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Part Time Supervisor Interview Questions

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter via phone. Explained my 11 years experience as both a manager and a trainer. Apparently, Netflix frowns upon trainers and workplace education because I was told directly that trainers aren't considered for supervisor positions. This is despite my ALSO having management experience, and the fact I've managed operations managers in my past.

I have integration software experience, technical issues with apps experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an individual who is missing from work often?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with technical support?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter then 2 rounds in person interview.
    Phone: Basic questions about resume, availability and scheduling
    Interview #1 - with peer group. Other Supervisors asking " tell me about a time" questions. You disagreed with a supervisor, you had to deliver a hard message ect......
    Interview #2 - Site managers. Questions about supervisor style and coaching tecnique

Interview Questions

• You disagreed with a supervisor, you had to deliver a hard message ect......   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Group interview in conference room w/4 execs and 2 other candidates. Execs were very casual (jeans & tees). They gave us 2 role playing questions - not enough to get to know us, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Role play we are Supervisors and have to deliver difficult information to our employees with little explanation why the decision has been made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that was all the basic questions. "What do you know about Netflix?" "Why do you want to work here?" "What are your goals?" etc... After completion of the phone interview my next interview was at the hub with the Operations Manager. This interview was very informal and consisted mostly of the manager explaining the job and the history behind the hub.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an employee that isn't working up to expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

Very easy. Phone screen with a recruiter and then a panel interview with the job offered to me on the spot at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Very behavioral in all senses to see how I react to pressure, conflict and my management style.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked how much I wanted per year. I told them and they countered 3k less. I accepted on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a Netflix recruiter and we set up a 1:1 phone interview. The interview went very smoothly and it was clear that I was able to exceed expectations in the position.

I sent a thank you letter that was set to arrive approximately 7 days after the interview.

I followed up with a phone call 2 weeks later and they did not return my phone call or acknowledge me as an applicant in the running for the position.

Approximately 1 month later, another recruiter from the same location interviewed me for the exact same position and had no idea that I had already interviewed for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that has attendance issues when we do not have an attendance policy in place?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview lasted about 30 minutes, was asked basic questions about prior work history. Covered basic information about the company and it's coming goals in terms of headcount. Was asked a few questions about how I would handle coaching and possible terminations.
    When I asked about growth potential the response was that it depends on performance, which was the same for bonus potential.
    The interviewer was pleasant and prompt on set callback time.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult termination you faced in your work history   1 Answer
    • Why Netflix   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

expect them to fully review your resume and be able to back up anything that you put in it.

Interview Questions

• explain a difficult situation that you were asked to handle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Netflix (Northborough, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was up for a operations supervisor job at Netflix's facility in Northboro, Ma. I went through all the interviews ranging from the operations manager, HR, and finally with the regional manager. They seemed to like me, the interviews went well until I asked a question to all of them. I told them the that the CEO of Netflix Reed Hastings made a comment in the Wall Street Journal in July addressing their shareholders, that Netflix plans to be 100 percent operation in 5-7 years with online streaming and will be getting out of DVD copies all together. So I asked all the interviewers if this is true what will become of operations personnel in that time frame. Well, they all became very defensive stutttering that there will always be a need for DVD copies blah blah blah. They all became very irate with the question. I was very surprised since I was asking a question based on a factual statement by the owner of the company. They ended up not offering me the job and when I asked the recruiter why he said that they all felt I would not be a team player. He stated the regional manager felt that my devotion to the corporate mission would be in question. Huh? All I asked was what they thought of the CEO's comment and how it would impact operations personnel in 5-7 years. Of course this implies that there might be a 70 percent reduction in their workforce if they go to online straming forcing most of their operations hubs to shutdown. What a joke! I'm glad I dodged that bullet. It would be the kind of job where you can feel your blood leaving your hands while gripping the steering wheel as you pull in to the parking lot go to work there every morning at 2am.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being transferred to another state in the case of a promotion.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2009.

Interview

Multiple emails resulted in a face to face with upper management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. The offer came immediately after the interview. Advice: Don't just chase the higher $ amount....the chances are that you will not be getting it for long. Sometimes the smaller paycheck is worth the stability.