Netflix Interview Questions in Los Gatos, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled to interview with Netflix and awaited my interview time. 10 minutes following what was set to be the start of my phone interview, I received an email requesting to reschedule. I promptly responded, sharing that the proposed time would work well. Ultimately I did not hear back following this email, but assumed the interview was set because it was the proposed time that the interviewer had requested.

On the reschedule date, I awaited a call that never came. I received an email the next day asking to reschedule again.

On the date of the second reschedule, I did receive a phone call from a different interviewer. The interview itself was rather loose- I was not asked any questions pertaining to my background, nor did I feel that the interviewer had any interest whatsoever in learning about my qualifications. The interviewer was unsure of what positions were even open within the Recruiting realm and promised to get back to me once she confirmed.

Within 1 week of the interview I received a disposition notice stating that I was no longer being considered for the open role (not sure which one as the Recruiter was unsure as to what was open).

Would not interview with Netflix again in the future based on lack of clear/defined process, lack of engagement in general and lack of consideration for my time as a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions about my background, merely what I was targeting in a new role.   Answer Question

Tier III Technical Escalation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reaches out via email. After chatting for about 20 minutes, recruiter requests for available date/times for chatting with the hiring manager and then goes on vacation. No response from her for another week. Recruiter comes back saying that my email was sitting in her junk folder :) what about those out of office replies?

Phone call with HM goes well, recruiter reaches out again for on site interview availability on Fri evening. The talent coordinator team does not reach out until following Fri. Interview is confirmed for following Tues, talent coordinator calls up again and re-schedules it to Wed. No SW flights available due to last minute booking ,put me on late flights .

Interview site - Unwelcoming receptionist, 8 intense interviews with just one 30 minutes break that's when I actually took my 1st sip of water. No lunch provided, just water and a banana :)

Extremely disappointing!!!!

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a fantastic experience getting to know the team and the position I would be hired for. Everyone I met with was sharp, asked relevant and effective questions, and I felt truly took the time to know me as an individual, instead of just a list of checkboxes. The level of professionalism and camaraderie I experienced made their offer a clear winner.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely smug and rude recruiting staff. Demanded my time but lacked common courtesy in responding to my questions. Said they would follow up but took forever or just ignored questions.

Interview Questions

• How many people did I manage personally and could I work with a smaller team   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA).

Interview

Week 0: Reached out by a technical recruiter;
    Week 1 or 2: Spoke with the hiring manager one week after;
    Week 3: Spoke with a senior data scientist over phone;
    Week 4 or 5: Onsite Technical Interview

Interview Questions

• VERY detailed machine learning questions
      and
      statistical modeling questions with an use case setting   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

There was a technical phone screen and then an onsite round. The onsite round was 50% technical and 50% culture. I would say the technical part was not the hardest - it looks like they're trying to find people who would fit well into their cult. Unlike Google or other companies that don't hire people that easily (and consequently don't fire people easily), Netflix seems like the place that will hire people more easily (by looking at the culture fit), because their culture also allows fast turn around with firing employees who are not performing well. Now if you really really want the offer, read the culture deck very carefully, and try to relate it with your personal and professional experiences so you can speak confidently about these things when asked.

Interview Questions

• Probing questions about past experiences, and how I thought I fit into the Netflix culture. Technical questions were fairly standard (and on the easier side). Some focus on multi-threading.   Answer Question

Payments Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an enjoyable process meeting the team. The interview questions seemed very directed at payments and payments knowledge, even though they said they specifically said they payments knowledge was not necessary. They asked me to visualize and different data on a white board.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell an false positive fraud from actual fraud?   Answer Question

Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Went to a Netflix meetup and had a blast. Learned more about the position, talked to people in role and manager.Became more excited about the company and applied for the job. Got an interview setup about a week later onsite. Was informed wanted to move quickly with the process. Had onsite interview that lasted from 10 am-3:30 pm. Was stressful naturally, but informative and left with positive views of Company regardless of the outcome. Was informed would hear back in 3 days. Then that deadline changed to one week. Emailed recruiter and was informed would hear back in 3 more days. Was informed still in negotiations of possible pay but everyone liked me. The pay confused me since apart of their culture is"Pay Top of Market". After that convo, waited a week the sent email about status to the recruiter and another member of the operations team. Heard nothing and still haven't heard anything, not even a formal no. Its been 5 weeks since the last email was sent ( I got another job at a great company) and was willing to take the job even if the offer was below what I was making. Just wanted a yes or no with feedback.

Senior UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process started off with an initial phone interview with a Netflix recruiter that went very well. After that I was scheduled with a one on one video technical interview. The interviewer was approximately 10 minutes late, and then he had to fumble around to get everything set up on his end.

He disabled his camera before the video technical interview, so I could not see him but he could see me. I thought this was very strange, and gave the feeling of being watched through a two way mirror. The live coding was broken down into two parts (one replicating a layout and the other was a functional problem).

The entire process was very rushed, the wording for the problems was very confusing (could have and should have been worded better), and on top of that, the ending time for the interview was not adjusted ( to accommodate for his tardiness and preparation).

After the interview, I was left very disappointed in regards to the interview process, and thought that a company such as Netflix would supply a more prepared interview.

Interview Questions

• Replicate a layout and some functionality (js, css, html). Then solve a functional coding problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA).

Interview

Interviewed for a software engineer position with heavy focus on analytical and measurement background. All three interviewers focused on analytical and experimental design questions, no software engineering questions asked at all. Several days later I was turned down with a reason "you qualified in the analytical and data aspect, but we were looking for a product engineer."

Interview Questions

• One PM asked about designing A/B testing, brainstorming how to get users back.

One Data Scientist asked SQL query questions, and probed some design considerations in creating A/B tests.

One engineer asked me to thoroughly design a staged launch plan including pre-launch A/B testings. He mentioned it's an open question and let me design it freely.   1 Answer