Netflix Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netflix Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Process - brief call with recruiter, a half hour call with hiring manager, first round of interviews - met 4 people, second round of interviews - met 3 people who were more senior, entire process took 3 weeks.

All interviews were very technical, with many case-like hypothetical questions, mathematical concepts, reasoning about new markets, running a business and making decisions - comparing vendors, etc. A lot of emphasis on data proficiency, ability to forecast budgets and optimize correctly. Very few "soft" questions and chit-chat. Some interviews seemed redundant.

Interview Questions

• Had to put together and solve an equation about how much revenue a certain marketing program would be bringing in in a variety of circumstances.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Netflix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was standard. When I was brought in for a face-to-face interview, I was sent a schedule ahead of time of the 5 separate (separate) interview appointments I would have with every member of the team. It was extremely thorough, although overwhelming at times, and they freely admitted that they often fired employees who weren't constantly putting in extra effort. Definitely worth it to ask them the breakdown of the team in detail - job titles mean very little at Netflix, as your job responsibilities are constantly shifting, and they rarely do title promotions.

Interview Questions

• General questions about how you worked within a team - they have specific personality requirements that they're looking for   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was contacted through linked in twice for the same job - most recently a month ago. Their HR rep seemed to be on top of things, and I enjoyed our communication and the video interview I had. My next meeting (right after) was with a local HR rep, who was seemed very concerned with exactly how I would go through the process of getting a particular job done (ie art approvals) and not about my experience. Finally, I was to meet with the hiring manager. She was about 45 minutes late, and rushed through our interview, asking very little about me and basically telling me what the job was before rushing me out 15 minutes later. My opinion was that she was sloppy and unprofessional, and if I were to be offered the job, i would decline it based on my experience with her. Needless to say, I didn't want to pursue the opportunity and was never called. It was a disappointing waste of time after what started out as a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• HR asking very detailed questions about process flow of projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews before flying out to meet for face to face interviews. 2 of the onsite interviews were with people I had already interviewed with for an hour over the phone. One of the things I was not prepared to do was walk through a complete case study that involved analytics. Not having access to a calculator or spreadsheet (excel) made the process very indimidating. The people I interviewed were very intelligent and well educated. The environment was really nice. The building was brand-new and had a fun vibe that you would expect from Netflix.

Interview Questions

• Walking through an entire business case   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netflix (Los Gatos, CA) in September 2007.

Interview

The VP of Marketing asked me off-the-wall questions such as:
    "If you had to paint the wing of a 747, how many cans of paint would you use?"

I obviously bombed the answer (I'm in marketing. I'm not a painter and have never stood on the wing of a 747). She then moved onto asking me for a detailed plan on how I would execute an email marketing acquisition program. I asked for a few details on previous benchmarks and analysis and instead of engaging in dialogue, she told me to "wing it."

In all my years in working in tech, this was the most degrading and unprofessional experience I have ever had. I've have worked for and still work at a Fortune 100 company and never had I been treated so poorly. I don't blame Netflix but to have a VP conducting interviews in such as manner makes the organization look so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How many cans of paint would you need to paint one wing of a 747?   10 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netflix (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Initial interview through a call with the HR representative.
    Questions were mainly based on intentions, motivations and also culture fit.

It was my first interview in a long while so I was little shy about selling own strengths and abilities. Was a good practice for my next few interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you enjoy or what what you do?
      Why are you looking to change.

Set of expected questions and more about culture deck, thoughts on it.
      Answer Question