Netlify Senior Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Senior Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netlify (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Broken and horrible interview process. First got a call from recruiter asking about my experience, I was very particular to let them know that I am platform engineer and not infra engineer and he said they were looking for a platform engineer. After that had a call with the hiring manager, the call was suppose to be for an hour but ended up being one hour and 45 minutes. After this I got an online coding exercise, don't accept this if you dont have lots of free time, I was in the middle of a busy project. Also lot of companies compensate for such projects so that you dont waste your time. Worked in nights and gave them a pretty good solution for 12 hours of work. After which I was asked to interview with another engineer. From the get go it was obvious that she did not even look at the wiki I wrote in my github page. She asked the same questions that I had clearly explained in my wiki. Most of the questions were related to deployment and other things nothing related to the technique used in the solution. The questions were not coherent, she would switch between 3 or 4 different variations of the architecture and ask random repeating questions, after sometime I lost track of what we were talking about. Anyways in the end I was not sure what to think of that interview. After 2 days I was told they are not moving forward with my application. The most frustrating part was there were no effort made to evaluate the take home coding exercise, if all you want is some infra related questions answered why not just ask those instead of wasting people's time. At the end I asked for some honest feedback which I though I deserved after doing one of the longest interview in my 13 years of carrier. There were no response from any of them who interviewed me and the recruiter was of ZERO help. Very frustrating.

Never interview with this company and if you do ask for compensation before starting a take home project.

Interview Questions