Netlist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FPGA Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was a wonderful experience. I was interviewed by two employees, the first in the current area of which I was interviewing for, and the second with the VP of Engineering. It definitely sounds like a challenging workplace with a lot of areas to grow in.

You can tell the engineers at this place are top notch, and have much dedication. The position interviewed for was for a more experienced position than what I came in with, but the attitude during the full two hours was never demeaning nor did I feel like I was wasting their time. On the other hand, they gave me their time and I learned and grew from the experience.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about you? Why do you want to work at Netlist?   2 Answers

Sales/Marketing Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and interviewed with HR manager. Over 2 weeks later was brought in and interviewed for over two hours with senior personnel. Was told I would hear back about the process. It has been over two weeks since then and not one word not even a rejection letter or email. This lack of communication or perhaps planning is telling. No wonder they have bad reviews as a company.

Interview Questions

• How do your current skills match our sales ops requirements?   1 Answer

Netlist Response

Aug 3, 2016 – Sr. Human Resources Manager

Although it’s disappointing to see a negative interview review, we want to know the candidate’s thoughts so that corrective action can be taken. Thank you for taking the time to share. I am sorry to... More

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the HR Manager J. Carter and found her to be especially kind! I had a great time chatting with her and getting to know the company, employees and duties.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for in a position... Standard question but she was wanted to make sure that they would be able to give me what I was looking for not just me give them what they are looking for.   1 Answer

Netlist Response

Aug 3, 2016 – Sr. Human Resources Manager

All the candidates that I interviewed for this position were top notch and any company would be lucky to employ them. All of the candidates were informed by their Recruiter that this position was... More

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Netlist (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Simply stated, a disorganized and frustrating process. I originally started talking to them in January of 2015. Two out of three of the people I spoke to on the phone were late. The one face to face person had never seen my resume when we met. They then left me hanging in limbo for months with no one ever giving me a definitive yes or no on my qualifications or if I was still in consideration.

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves were typical and the interviewers were pleasant and courteous. Just the process was what I have issue with.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The HR person called me out of the blue - said he found my resume online. We chatted on the phone for a while at which point he asked about my physical appearance - if I had any piercings or tattoos. Seemed rather unorganized. Asked if I could come in for an in-person. When I did - he basically sat down and said "well, this is it - just wanted to meet you and show you the office, what do you think?" It was probably the most awkward interview ever. I was literally trying to figure a way out of the building as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• "The CEO is a good guy - he does sometimes yell or can be really difficult.....but he always apologizes after." WHAT.....seriously??   2 Answers

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was short. Showed me the office and explained expectations. Meet with the recruiter. She mentioned that this was to support the CEO. Conservative environment. Saw the gal that interviewed before me wearing 5 inch heals a low cut top and a nose ring? Wow! This is a business professional environment. I declined to interview with the CEO since it was a bit too far of a drive from my house. However, if I lived closer I would definitely have gone to the second interview. Seemed like an interesting place to work. Very start-up environment and entrepreneurial. During the interview process the recruiter and I had a very good conversation that led me to believe this would be a stable long term type of role. I came after hours so I didn't get a chance to meet many people, however, there were some engineers still working. Note: This is an engineering company and its the corporate office. Prior reviews seem a bit off. Why would you come to a professional interview with piercings and visible tattoos? Overall it was a pleasant experience. I was offered beverages and snacks. The room was a bit chilly but I was told they were having AC issues. I did refer a friend to the position. This would have been a good job for a self-starter.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle stressful situations? Am I able to diffuse the situation?
      In a matrix environment how would I handle multiple priorities?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Netlist (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

After my interview (I am Caucasian with an Asian last name), the posting for the interview changed to the very offensive: "Administrative Assistant - Executive Support and Korean Highly Desired"

Interview Questions

• Do you have any body piercings or tattoos? Then being told about the previous employee who had many tattoos that were visible, and the HR rep wondering what wasn't visible.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netlist in March 2012.

Interview

A nice interview. 5 people and each 30mins. The HR is nice. the company has a nice working culture.

Interview Questions

• MOSFETs and passive components etc. Mostly about the projects you've done before.   Answer Question
    • Knowledge on basic transistor-level digital/analog circuit   Answer Question