Network Rail Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Network Rail (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Simple and felt comfortable. Always speak about yourself and not in third person.

Sent cv was emailed and interviewEd in 4 days.

Interview it has commercial manager and procurement manger in Manchester next to train station.

Finance Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Network Rail (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did psychometric tests and then had a video interview. Video interview was scenario questions about dealing with conflict and deadlines, gave plenty of time before answering to think about the questions. Asked why you felt how you did and how it would affect the situation.
    Whole process was quick and easy, online tests easy to complete on app.

Electrical Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Network Rail (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Video interview- asked several questions which are freely available online. Candidate is challenged to dress for interview and record themselves answering the pre recorded questions. After the interview is complete the video was reviewed and I am still waiting to hear back with a response some 2 months after completing the interview.

Interview Questions

• They were competency questions which were answered largely in the STAR format   Answer Question

Document Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Network Rail (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the hiring manager and their manager. Relatively informal process, first questions about my experience and skills relevant to the role followed by competency based questions.
    Both interviewers were pleasant and open.
    Feedback came three weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you were given a difficult task to perform and how you went about completing it   Answer Question

Technician - Civils Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Network Rail (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Excellent interview experience by the senior design engineer and a design engineer colleague with a professional but relaxed approach.

They introduced me to examples of the range of work they deliver before asking me general questions on why I want to work for the company, what interests me about the role, followed by competency based questions and a technical based question. They explained the benefits of the company towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for network rail
      What interests you about the role
      Describe a situation on where you worked well under pressure
      What competences do you think are important for the role
      1 Answer

Signaller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Network Rail (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Uses the 8 non-technical skills and STAR assessment for interview. Very straightforward and nothing to catch you out. Interviewers are there to help you do your best. Will prompt you if they feel they require more of an answer from you. Small panel interview, usually one manager asking questions and one taking notes. Also ask about you, work history and why you feel you would be be good as a signaller. Quite a relaxed atmosphere - but dress appropriate, it is an interview after all!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an emergency situation?   1 Answer