Network Rail Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Network Rail Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Network Rail.

Interview

Really great comms throughout, but seems to be a disconnect between HR and hiring manager, receved automated email saying I was unsuccesful at CV sift and an email from hiring Manager offering an interview on same day.
Bit of a shame I had to travel at my own expense to London (65 miles) for a medical and that there is nowhere else in south of UK.

Interview questions were all competency based. The STAR document that was emailed to me helped me "shape" the answers towards answering them about myself, so its worth having a good read through prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with conflicting priorities from stakeholders/management   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation with HR, but the offer was sufficient.

Other Interview Reviews for Network Rail

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Network Rail (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

- Easy initial application
    - Online assessment was fun and fairly easy. You an either do it on a computer or via a mobile app
    - Video interview was a bit intense, you have 30 seconds to read a paragraph and prepare your answer and then 90 seconds to answer.

Interview Questions

• 1). Your first task in a new placement is to produce the monthly performance report for your unit. There is a procedure to follow clear guidance on what information to include as well as which teams you need to consult to find out the information. After speaking to a few of the teams, they seem reluctant to help you, as it will take time for them to compile the figures and they are not convinced that all of the information in the report is useful.
      What would you do? Why?   Answer Question
    • 2). You have emailed a Maintenance Manager at a depot because his team's mobile phone bills are twice as much as they should be. He is very reluctant to speak to you about the problem because he doesn't think you understand and says he does not want you to interfere with the work of his team.
      What would you do? Why?
      What factors did you consider?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Network Rail (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Simple and felt comfortable. Always speak about yourself and not in third person.

Sent cv was emailed and interviewEd in 4 days.

Interview it has commercial manager and procurement manger in Manchester next to train station.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Initially applied in December, the application form was pretty bog standard

In January I undertook a work preferences test, was tasked with picking one statement out of four that described me the best. This test was very different to most of the SHL tests I have done before, it was pretty easy but there weren't any obvious answers.

didn't hear anything until march when I was invited to an assessment centre with two days notice.

Interview Questions

• Come up with a solution to a problem network rail faces, how viable is it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Network Rail (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

My interview was cancelled three times. the 3rd time the interview was held , i was interviewed by a senior manager and another junior project manager.
    the questions were what i had anticipated mainly focussing on project management techniques in general. as the interview progressed , i ws asked questions about network rail's PM techniques.
    i was also asked questions about the railway industry in general and also in regards to railway project management challenges in specific.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a major construction issue on site without jeopardising the time cost and qulity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

the negotiation process was a breeze. i detailed what i had with my previous company and was offered 20% more.