Network for Good Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Network for Good Interview Questions

Interviews at Network for Good

2.5

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Network for Good in December 2013.

Interview

The recruiter for Network for Good asked extremely simple questions that were not probing as to experience. The recruiter missed communication deadlines more than once - where they promised to call or email and did not for several days or more after the deadline that they had set themselves. I have interviewed with all of the major technology companies and my impression of these guys based on the interactions with the recruiter was not good.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Network for Good (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then in person. Process was very professional. Started with HR and then was handed off to sales management. I got the call a few days later that I was offered the job and was asked when i can start.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest things in your life that you overcame.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Network for Good (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call a couple days later, I went in for an interview a few days after that, then got the offer a couple days after that, maybe total 7 days beginning to end. If you need a job QUICKLY and do not care about carefully finding a good fit then apply here. There is only one quick interview which isnt enough to see if it's a good fit for you or you are a good fit for them but the sales employee turn over rate is so incredibly high that they hire employees after a QUICK interview process. Don't worry, you'll quit or get fired within a year.

Interview Questions

• A question about would you rather be right or wrong or something that was just really weird   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Network for Good (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone in HR, who seemed to be very inexperienced. Questions were very basic and mostly unrelated to the position. After 30 mins. of irrelevant questions, she mentioned "that they don't hire people from large corporations" (I worked for one of the top Fortune 500 before). Not only this was a waste of my time, but totally unnecessary. I I did not see any reason to keep with this process.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Network for Good (Washington, DC) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview was very thorough and detailed as I spoke with multiple employees, each with a different role in the company. I was able to gather all the information I needed about the company and role I would be getting into. The interviewers were very personable and the interview itself was more conversational based rather than firing off questions at each other.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Network for Good (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a screening call from the HR person, then an hour-long technical interview with the hiring manager. He asked pretty deep and pertinent technical questions. I thought I had flunked the phone interview, but then they called me in for an in-person round with five different people over almost three hours. Everybody was engaged, friendly and respectful. They asked meaningful questions and seemed to have spent some time reading my resume beforehand. In the end they chose someone else.

Fundraising Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Network for Good (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

-First had a 30 minute phone interview
    -Brought in for two face to face interview 1 w/ manager next w/ Director of sales

The process was very laid back as they really are interested in bringing in quality over quantity their. Want to make sure that right people are brought in to fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• Really wanted to know your sales background and what your work ethic is like   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Network for Good in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted directly by a technical recruiter that had been hired by NFG. The nature of the work sounded interesting so I replied and had a quick call with the recruiter.

I then spoke to a person in HR who was very friendly and helpful in describing the company culture. She scheduled me for a technical interview with a lead developer within a few days.

The technical interview went terrific, we talked about my background and how I would solve various problems. Mostly high level architecture and approach type questions.

After that I interviewed with the ranking technical manager (CTO or VP? can't remember). He mostly focused on soft skills, team building, leadership, etc.

Within a few days of that, I interviewed with the president (CEO maybe). This interview was strictly for me to get a feel for his leadership, the company goals, how this role fit into those, etc. At the end of the meeting, he said that his team wasn't waiting for a sign-off from him, as he let them ultimately decide who they wanted to work with. All indications were positive.

That's when things got weird. All this happened within a 2 week period right before Christmas and New Years, and I was told they were rushing through to ensure I got to talk to the appropriate people before vacations.

They went silent for a few weeks. The recruiter stayed in contact and said that they were getting approval and an offer should come any day. That was the story for several weeks. Then the recruiter went silent for 2 more weeks. Having not heard anything from him, he being my liaison to NFG, I reached out to the HR representative. I got no response from her, but eventually the recruiter called and said they were stonewalling him (I'm sure he decided it was a dead end so he quit spending time on me).

That was 4 months ago, and I never actually heard a word from them, either an offer or a "no thanks". It was incredibly unprofessional. If an offer did ever come, I wouldn't want to work with a company that treats others so poorly, like resources only to be considered when they potentially have use to them. Beware of what my experience says of their culture.