Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.9

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR after a few weeks. Did not hear back for several weeks, so called back and was invited to interview in-person. Interviewed with several mid-level employees. Promptly followed up and was invited back for a second interview. Received an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What skill do you feel you can improve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Chicago, IL) in June 2007.

Interview

One interview with HR rep
    another one with direct manager
    the last one with head of department

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not open for negotiation since they receive approval from "NY"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your current team's culture?   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

After being contacted by the internal recruiting dept, I was phone screened and then brought in for a first round interview. I met with a variety of people within the group - ranging from the VP of the group to people that would be my peers. Everyone was extremely courteous and friendly and asked very fair interview questions. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions to each interviewer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with four people including HR after a phone screen. They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions. It was not a technical interview. I told them about my experiences. Everyone I met was super professional and nice. Good experience, prompt follow up with helpful feedback from HR team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions, it was not a technical interview.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of two rounds, one over the phone and another at the office, first with one VP and then with two analysts. Everyone was very nice and since it was my first internship in asset management and only the second internship in college, it seemed like they were asking more basic questions.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Typically 2 or 3 rounds. 1) In person interview with that manager and several internals. 2) phone call with the Divisional Managers 3) Phone call with the head of sales. Nothing really too difficult, they expect you to know the basics of NB, be up to date on the markets, and most improtantly find out if you are a good culture fit with mostly softball questions. It's more conversational than an interview.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager will try and make you feel very comfortable, to see what you reveal about yourself. They will ask you specifics of why you think will succeed in this competitive industry. What makes you different? They will want to know, what motivates you, how you handle rejection and your career goals. Not very difficult interview process.

Interview Questions

• What quality in an employee do you think is over rater, that a manager may think is important?   Answer Question