Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.9

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email within a week. The interview lasted for about an hour with 3 people separately. 2 people from the actual role and one person from HR. It was a warm and cordial interview with a focus on behavior.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application through recruiter. Received an answer and appointment for a phone interview within a week. Two weeks later in-person interview at NY office. The interview itself was very disorganized: The interviewers were late and were not aware that I was scheduled for an interview. The meeting and tone was friendly. The questions were very basic . My questions about the positions were unanswered

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process I had three different interviewers at which the company seemed very promising. I got the job after the third interview in which after I had to do a drug screening and background check. The processes took some time even after I started within two weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What skills can I bring to improve the company?   1 Answer

Global Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through college/university. Heard back within a few days. Phone interview followed by on-site interview. All interviews were highly technical, asking questions designated below. Interviewers, for the most part, were nice.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic box that produced one barrel of oil every year (a perpetuity), how would you value that barrel of oil? Follow up Q of how would you determine the discounted rate?   Answer Question
    • What is the worst company you can think of and why?   Answer Question
    • Pitch me a stock that fits well in any portfolio   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume... etc   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview. I was surprised because the role they were sourcing for seemed to require more experience than I had at the time. The recruiter repeatedly pointed this out and kept implying that it was a kindness that they would even bring me in. Found the experience very rude and uncomfortable considering he had initially reached out to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with four individuals for a half an hour each. One didn't even bother to show up which I thought was completely disrespectful.I. I didn't hear anything back so assumed that I didn't get a job. I used to send business to this company and I will no longer to do so after my experience.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter after applying via linkedin. I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which was actually a facetime with the recruiter. We talked about the company and my qualifications etc. Then was offered in office interview for the following week. Interviewed with 4 people in office, pretty straight forward personal interviews re: my past experiences why neuberger. After didnt hear anything after following up so assumed not hired.

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, I cant recall any other specific questions that stood out. Just google the top ten interview questions and focus on those and you should be good since i applied for an entry level position.

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process – there was a first round, a second round, and then a third round. First round was positive, second round was positive, third round was unique. Got the sense that this department has a number of personnel issues.

Interview Questions

• Everyone else in this dept has a law degree, why don't you?? (whining)   1 Answer
    • You don't know [person's name] at [former employer]?? I can't believe you don't know [person's name]!   1 Answer
    • Why were you only at [former employer] for a year? What did you do!?   1 Answer

FRA/FA Interview

Interview

Two interviews. HR, and several managers and senior staff interviewed me. Each interview took a couple hours. And there were about three rounds each. Some people I never even worked with.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this kind of work   1 Answer