Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2018

2.9

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

There were three rounds. First I met with an executive whom I would be supporting for 30 minutes. Honestly he spoke the entire time and I barely got a word in which is why I was surprised when I got asked back. The second interview was all over video conference with hiring managers in New York. I spoke with two very cold, very serious interviewers and left feeling like I didn't like the company. Then I spoke with an HR person, that was very standard and easy. Then, they had me edit a mock email. That, too, was very standard and easy. To my surprise (again), they asked me in for a third and final interview. When I got there they were unorganized and thought I was doing a video interview. I had to tell THEM that I was sitting down with the Director. He showed up late, rushed through some questions, and ended early. Again, I barely had a chance to speak and ask questions. It seemed as though he had already made up his mind--which is completely fine--but he was rude and didn't seem to respect my time. Upon meeting him, I knew this wasn't the job for me and that we wouldn't work well together.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why Neuberger? What do you know about the company? How do you stay organized? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

It's a phone interview. The interviewer described the position in details, and then asked me to go through my resume, and then asked a programming question. The last question is a probability questions.

Interview Questions

• Giving a 1 million length array, how to find the max and min values   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phonescreen with the managers of group that hired me and then was brought into the office and met with the managers in person for an hour.
    Other than that, too long ago so don't remember

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone call with HR followed by a 1-hour technical interview with hiring manager, mostly about concepts and understanding of fixed income. I was asked for an onsite interview afterwards with 6 people. and after that, I received no response at all from HR or manager even though I did followed up multiple times. Unprofessional.

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email within a week. The interview lasted for about an hour with 3 people separately. 2 people from the actual role and one person from HR. It was a warm and cordial interview with a focus on behavior.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application through recruiter. Received an answer and appointment for a phone interview within a week. Two weeks later in-person interview at NY office. The interview itself was very disorganized: The interviewers were late and were not aware that I was scheduled for an interview. The meeting and tone was friendly. The questions were very basic . My questions about the positions were unanswered

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews were spread out over 3 months. At first, it seemed like an immediate need to fill the position, but then I waited another 6 weeks to hear from the HR department about a final decision. I was also giving a writing assignment with no notice, about 1 month following my first in-person interview. They sent it to me at 5pm and requested it back first thing the next day.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and had a phone call with the Portfolio Manager. The phone call was not very difficult. The PM cared more about how I think about stock, instead of the small technicals.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a middleman and was contacted through HR. HR conducted a one round interview that was about 30 minutes long. Was a very positive experience and the people there were very polite.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process I had three different interviewers at which the company seemed very promising. I got the job after the third interview in which after I had to do a drug screening and background check. The processes took some time even after I started within two weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What skills can I bring to improve the company?   2 Answers