Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.7

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview. I was surprised because the role they were sourcing for seemed to require more experience than I had at the time. The recruiter repeatedly pointed this out and kept implying that it was a kindness that they would even bring me in. Found the experience very rude and uncomfortable considering he had initially reached out to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with four individuals for a half an hour each. One didn't even bother to show up which I thought was completely disrespectful.I. I didn't hear anything back so assumed that I didn't get a job. I used to send business to this company and I will no longer to do so after my experience.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter after applying via linkedin. I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which was actually a facetime with the recruiter. We talked about the company and my qualifications etc. Then was offered in office interview for the following week. Interviewed with 4 people in office, pretty straight forward personal interviews re: my past experiences why neuberger. After didnt hear anything after following up so assumed not hired.

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process – there was a first round, a second round, and then a third round. First round was positive, second round was positive, third round was unique. Got the sense that this department has a number of personnel issues.

Interview Questions

• Everyone else in this dept has a law degree, why don't you?? (whining)   1 Answer
    • You don't know [person's name] at [former employer]?? I can't believe you don't know [person's name]!   1 Answer
    • Why were you only at [former employer] for a year? What did you do!?   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi level interview process, tiring and challenging, some managers are prepared, some not so much, but you can tell that the people who have worked there a while is proud of their firm.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Wanted to figure out if you fit with the company culture.Asked about previous work experience. They were very nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. Interviewed one on one with the hiring manager and also with two HR people.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Awful experience. Very unprofessional.
    The hiring manager was on his computer 80% of time. His desk was cluttered with resumes and notes. His organization was not up to par. He asked me a few questions i answered them. I asked him a few questions he got offended?

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 10, what is your fixed income knowledge?

On a scale of 10, what is your excel knowledge?
      Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with research head and then with the portfolio manager. Interview was approximately 30min. with each person. Discussion was about my public finance experience with previous firms. In particular they were interested in corporate & real estate credit background (although this was for a municipal sector position). The interview discussion ended with questions that I had for them.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in real estate transactions?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Neuberger came to campus and then had a resume drop online. The first interview was over the phone with basic technical questions, nothing unexpected. Invited to the superday with 6 other people for 2 positions. The interview had a group case study and then 1-1 interviews with different people in the group.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with four people including HR after a phone screen. They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions. It was not a technical interview. I told them about my experiences. Everyone I met was super professional and nice. Good experience, prompt follow up with helpful feedback from HR team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions, it was not a technical interview.   Answer Question