Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.7

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

It's a phone interview. The interviewer described the position in details, and then asked me to go through my resume, and then asked a programming question. The last question is a probability questions.

Interview Questions

• Giving a 1 million length array, how to find the max and min values   Answer Question

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email within a week. The interview lasted for about an hour with 3 people separately. 2 people from the actual role and one person from HR. It was a warm and cordial interview with a focus on behavior.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application through recruiter. Received an answer and appointment for a phone interview within a week. Two weeks later in-person interview at NY office. The interview itself was very disorganized: The interviewers were late and were not aware that I was scheduled for an interview. The meeting and tone was friendly. The questions were very basic . My questions about the positions were unanswered

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews were spread out over 3 months. At first, it seemed like an immediate need to fill the position, but then I waited another 6 weeks to hear from the HR department about a final decision. I was also giving a writing assignment with no notice, about 1 month following my first in-person interview. They sent it to me at 5pm and requested it back first thing the next day.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview. I was surprised because the role they were sourcing for seemed to require more experience than I had at the time. The recruiter repeatedly pointed this out and kept implying that it was a kindness that they would even bring me in. Found the experience very rude and uncomfortable considering he had initially reached out to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with four individuals for a half an hour each. One didn't even bother to show up which I thought was completely disrespectful.I. I didn't hear anything back so assumed that I didn't get a job. I used to send business to this company and I will no longer to do so after my experience.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter after applying via linkedin. I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which was actually a facetime with the recruiter. We talked about the company and my qualifications etc. Then was offered in office interview for the following week. Interviewed with 4 people in office, pretty straight forward personal interviews re: my past experiences why neuberger. After didnt hear anything after following up so assumed not hired.

Senior Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process – there was a first round, a second round, and then a third round. First round was positive, second round was positive, third round was unique. Got the sense that this department has a number of personnel issues.

Interview Questions

• Everyone else in this dept has a law degree, why don't you?? (whining)   1 Answer
    • You don't know [person's name] at [former employer]?? I can't believe you don't know [person's name]!   1 Answer
    • Why were you only at [former employer] for a year? What did you do!?   1 Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi level interview process, tiring and challenging, some managers are prepared, some not so much, but you can tell that the people who have worked there a while is proud of their firm.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Wanted to figure out if you fit with the company culture.Asked about previous work experience. They were very nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. Interviewed one on one with the hiring manager and also with two HR people.