Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.9

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

It's a phone interview. The interviewer described the position in details, and then asked me to go through my resume, and then asked a programming question. The last question is a probability questions.

Interview Questions

• Giving a 1 million length array, how to find the max and min values   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phonescreen with the managers of group that hired me and then was brought into the office and met with the managers in person for an hour.
    Other than that, too long ago so don't remember

Private Client Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted through email within a week. The interview lasted for about an hour with 3 people separately. 2 people from the actual role and one person from HR. It was a warm and cordial interview with a focus on behavior.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application through recruiter. Received an answer and appointment for a phone interview within a week. Two weeks later in-person interview at NY office. The interview itself was very disorganized: The interviewers were late and were not aware that I was scheduled for an interview. The meeting and tone was friendly. The questions were very basic . My questions about the positions were unanswered

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews were spread out over 3 months. At first, it seemed like an immediate need to fill the position, but then I waited another 6 weeks to hear from the HR department about a final decision. I was also giving a writing assignment with no notice, about 1 month following my first in-person interview. They sent it to me at 5pm and requested it back first thing the next day.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and had a phone call with the Portfolio Manager. The phone call was not very difficult. The PM cared more about how I think about stock, instead of the small technicals.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process I had three different interviewers at which the company seemed very promising. I got the job after the third interview in which after I had to do a drug screening and background check. The processes took some time even after I started within two weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What skills can I bring to improve the company?   2 Answers

Global Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through college/university. Heard back within a few days. Phone interview followed by on-site interview. All interviews were highly technical, asking questions designated below. Interviewers, for the most part, were nice.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic box that produced one barrel of oil every year (a perpetuity), how would you value that barrel of oil? Follow up Q of how would you determine the discounted rate?   Answer Question
    • What is the worst company you can think of and why?   Answer Question
    • Pitch me a stock that fits well in any portfolio   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume... etc   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview. I was surprised because the role they were sourcing for seemed to require more experience than I had at the time. The recruiter repeatedly pointed this out and kept implying that it was a kindness that they would even bring me in. Found the experience very rude and uncomfortable considering he had initially reached out to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with four individuals for a half an hour each. One didn't even bother to show up which I thought was completely disrespectful.I. I didn't hear anything back so assumed that I didn't get a job. I used to send business to this company and I will no longer to do so after my experience.