Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR two days after asking me to schedule an interview with three different staff members. The interview went well so after three weeks I got feedbacks and got invited to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• First interview was about my academic and career background. The only technical question was about operational risk.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview including 1 telephone interview and 2 face to face interview with team members.

Interview Questions

• What factors will you consider when choosing a fund to invest   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern

Client Services Interview

Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

Phone interview first: asked some basic questions, what current job includes, what skill set I have, eg Excel, financial statement analysis, etc.; introduce their company in details;
    One week later, scheduled an onsite interview. What you see yourself in 5 years, why change major why choose this city.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Awful experience. Very unprofessional.
    The hiring manager was on his computer 80% of time. His desk was cluttered with resumes and notes. His organization was not up to par. He asked me a few questions i answered them. I asked him a few questions he got offended?

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 10, what is your fixed income knowledge?

On a scale of 10, what is your excel knowledge?
      Answer Question

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Received email twice for the interview. Then, I had two rounds of interviews with different people. Finally, received a call from NY for the offer which I accepted right away. I think I could have negotiate that a little but I really wanted to enter in the corporate world as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy because they offered above average compensation package.

FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

They've seen quite a number of candidates before calling me in. I've met the hiring manager directly and had a standard biographical interview with few rather basic technical questions (around forwards pricing). I got called few days later to meet the co-head. I got called about one week later to meet the rest of the team and some of the guys in the other teams, in all around 6 guys. 30mins with each, more about personality match than anything else. No/low technical questions. One week later went to lunch with the hiring manager. However, due to the company's structure I also had to video conf with the global head of which this team is part of. Although in was a rather standard 45min biographical-tell-me-the-thought-process-for-switching-jobs kind of interview, something went amiss.

In the end they've decided they want a different hire altogether, a very recent grad, 1yr max experience.

Needless to say I was very disappointed, but that's luck for you. The London team is an excellent team to work with, I wish they would've had a clear budget/role from the get-go.

Interview Questions

• How do interest rates influence the forward price?   1 Answer
    • You want to buy 20m cable (GBPUSD). How do you ask the broker for it?   1 Answer

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Wanted to figure out if you fit with the company culture.Asked about previous work experience. They were very nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. Interviewed one on one with the hiring manager and also with two HR people.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi level interview process, tiring and challenging, some managers are prepared, some not so much, but you can tell that the people who have worked there a while is proud of their firm.