Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application through recruiter. Received an answer and appointment for a phone interview within a week. Two weeks later in-person interview at NY office. The interview itself was very disorganized: The interviewers were late and were not aware that I was scheduled for an interview. The meeting and tone was friendly. The questions were very basic . My questions about the positions were unanswered

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in August 2015.

Interview

1) Structured process where there was one on one with the interviewing manager and his subordinates
    2) The whole process lasted 4 hours
    3) They asked me back ground and finance related questions

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview. I was surprised because the role they were sourcing for seemed to require more experience than I had at the time. The recruiter repeatedly pointed this out and kept implying that it was a kindness that they would even bring me in. Found the experience very rude and uncomfortable considering he had initially reached out to me.

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, I cant recall any other specific questions that stood out. Just google the top ten interview questions and focus on those and you should be good since i applied for an entry level position.

Global Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through college/university. Heard back within a few days. Phone interview followed by on-site interview. All interviews were highly technical, asking questions designated below. Interviewers, for the most part, were nice.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic box that produced one barrel of oil every year (a perpetuity), how would you value that barrel of oil? Follow up Q of how would you determine the discounted rate?   Answer Question
    • What is the worst company you can think of and why?   Answer Question
    • Pitch me a stock that fits well in any portfolio   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume... etc   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with four individuals for a half an hour each. One didn't even bother to show up which I thought was completely disrespectful.I. I didn't hear anything back so assumed that I didn't get a job. I used to send business to this company and I will no longer to do so after my experience.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Typically 2 or 3 rounds. 1) In person interview with that manager and several internals. 2) phone call with the Divisional Managers 3) Phone call with the head of sales. Nothing really too difficult, they expect you to know the basics of NB, be up to date on the markets, and most improtantly find out if you are a good culture fit with mostly softball questions. It's more conversational than an interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter after applying via linkedin. I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which was actually a facetime with the recruiter. We talked about the company and my qualifications etc. Then was offered in office interview for the following week. Interviewed with 4 people in office, pretty straight forward personal interviews re: my past experiences why neuberger. After didnt hear anything after following up so assumed not hired.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of two rounds, one over the phone and another at the office, first with one VP and then with two analysts. Everyone was very nice and since it was my first internship in asset management and only the second internship in college, it seemed like they were asking more basic questions.

Compliance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2013.

Interview

I received the interview opportunity via a recruiter. After meeting the recruiter for twice, they aligned me to attend the first interview with my current manager. After two days later, I was invited the attend a second interview with the department head. On the same day after my second interview, I received my offer.

Interview Questions

• General academic background and previous internship experiences.   Answer Question