Neuberger Berman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neuberger Berman Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman in August 2015.

Interview

1) Structured process where there was one on one with the interviewing manager and his subordinates
    2) The whole process lasted 4 hours
    3) They asked me back ground and finance related questions

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Wanted to figure out if you fit with the company culture.Asked about previous work experience. They were very nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. Interviewed one on one with the hiring manager and also with two HR people.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Awful experience. Very unprofessional.
    The hiring manager was on his computer 80% of time. His desk was cluttered with resumes and notes. His organization was not up to par. He asked me a few questions i answered them. I asked him a few questions he got offended?

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 10, what is your fixed income knowledge?

On a scale of 10, what is your excel knowledge?
      Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with research head and then with the portfolio manager. Interview was approximately 30min. with each person. Discussion was about my public finance experience with previous firms. In particular they were interested in corporate & real estate credit background (although this was for a municipal sector position). The interview discussion ended with questions that I had for them.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in real estate transactions?   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and heard back from them about a week or two later. It was relatively stress-free, and they were very flexible about the interview schedule. I had an interview with the manager .a Senior Analyst. It took about a week for them to get back with me after that. Overall pretty smooth, and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example where you were working in a group on a project, and someone in the group was not pulling their own weight. how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Neuberger came to campus and then had a resume drop online. The first interview was over the phone with basic technical questions, nothing unexpected. Invited to the superday with 6 other people for 2 positions. The interview had a group case study and then 1-1 interviews with different people in the group.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with four people including HR after a phone screen. They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions. It was not a technical interview. I told them about my experiences. Everyone I met was super professional and nice. Good experience, prompt follow up with helpful feedback from HR team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me mostly cultural fit and background questions, it was not a technical interview.   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

Phone interview first: asked some basic questions, what current job includes, what skill set I have, eg Excel, financial statement analysis, etc.; introduce their company in details;
    One week later, scheduled an onsite interview. What you see yourself in 5 years, why change major why choose this city.

Internal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview

Recruiter. Went for two rounds of interviews. The first round met with 6 people. The last round I met with one person for 10 minutes and iti was very very analytical get your calculators out and know your x table.

Client Services Interview

Interview

The interview process didn't have any surprises. The first interview with HR was on the phone, which was appreciated. I then also had a short meeting with HR during the visit before meeting with the hiring manager. My meeting with the hiring manager was focused mostly on relevant experience. The hiring manager also took care to make sure that I understood the day-to-day responsibilities of the position. Overall, a pleasant experience.