Neuberger Berman Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted application through recruiter. Received an answer and appointment for a phone interview within a week. Two weeks later in-person interview at NY office. The interview itself was very disorganized: The interviewers were late and were not aware that I was scheduled for an interview. The meeting and tone was friendly. The questions were very basic . My questions about the positions were unanswered

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews were spread out over 3 months. At first, it seemed like an immediate need to fill the position, but then I waited another 6 weeks to hear from the HR department about a final decision. I was also giving a writing assignment with no notice, about 1 month following my first in-person interview. They sent it to me at 5pm and requested it back first thing the next day.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process I had three different interviewers at which the company seemed very promising. I got the job after the third interview in which after I had to do a drug screening and background check. The processes took some time even after I started within two weeks time.

Interview Questions

• What skills can I bring to improve the company?   1 Answer

Global Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through college/university. Heard back within a few days. Phone interview followed by on-site interview. All interviews were highly technical, asking questions designated below. Interviewers, for the most part, were nice.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic box that produced one barrel of oil every year (a perpetuity), how would you value that barrel of oil? Follow up Q of how would you determine the discounted rate?   Answer Question
    • What is the worst company you can think of and why?   Answer Question
    • Pitch me a stock that fits well in any portfolio   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume... etc   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview. I was surprised because the role they were sourcing for seemed to require more experience than I had at the time. The recruiter repeatedly pointed this out and kept implying that it was a kindness that they would even bring me in. Found the experience very rude and uncomfortable considering he had initially reached out to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with four individuals for a half an hour each. One didn't even bother to show up which I thought was completely disrespectful.I. I didn't hear anything back so assumed that I didn't get a job. I used to send business to this company and I will no longer to do so after my experience.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter after applying via linkedin. I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which was actually a facetime with the recruiter. We talked about the company and my qualifications etc. Then was offered in office interview for the following week. Interviewed with 4 people in office, pretty straight forward personal interviews re: my past experiences why neuberger. After didnt hear anything after following up so assumed not hired.

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, I cant recall any other specific questions that stood out. Just google the top ten interview questions and focus on those and you should be good since i applied for an entry level position.

Consultant Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Only had 1 day interview with two senior management employees. They were very cordial. One interview was over the phone while the other was face to face. They were relevant questions relating to the position. No trick questions, or generic behavioral questions. The overall experience was worthwhile. They made a decision very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience to the business analyst position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was relatively easygoing overall. I first had a phone interview with a person from HR, asked general questions about what I knew about the firm and very basic background information about myself. Next I had an in-person interview at the New York office that was focused on my leadership background and how I would contribute to the internship program as a whole.