Neuberger Berman Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.7

Global Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through college/university. Heard back within a few days. Phone interview followed by on-site interview. All interviews were highly technical, asking questions designated below. Interviewers, for the most part, were nice.

Interview Questions

• If you had a magic box that produced one barrel of oil every year (a perpetuity), how would you value that barrel of oil? Follow up Q of how would you determine the discounted rate?   Answer Question
    • What is the worst company you can think of and why?   Answer Question
    • Pitch me a stock that fits well in any portfolio   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume... etc   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn and had an initial phone screen. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview. I was surprised because the role they were sourcing for seemed to require more experience than I had at the time. The recruiter repeatedly pointed this out and kept implying that it was a kindness that they would even bring me in. Found the experience very rude and uncomfortable considering he had initially reached out to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with four individuals for a half an hour each. One didn't even bother to show up which I thought was completely disrespectful.I. I didn't hear anything back so assumed that I didn't get a job. I used to send business to this company and I will no longer to do so after my experience.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiter after applying via linkedin. I was asked to schedule a phone interview, which was actually a facetime with the recruiter. We talked about the company and my qualifications etc. Then was offered in office interview for the following week. Interviewed with 4 people in office, pretty straight forward personal interviews re: my past experiences why neuberger. After didnt hear anything after following up so assumed not hired.

Client Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic behavior questions, I cant recall any other specific questions that stood out. Just google the top ten interview questions and focus on those and you should be good since i applied for an entry level position.

Consultant Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Only had 1 day interview with two senior management employees. They were very cordial. One interview was over the phone while the other was face to face. They were relevant questions relating to the position. No trick questions, or generic behavioral questions. The overall experience was worthwhile. They made a decision very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience to the business analyst position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was relatively easygoing overall. I first had a phone interview with a person from HR, asked general questions about what I knew about the firm and very basic background information about myself. Next I had an in-person interview at the New York office that was focused on my leadership background and how I would contribute to the internship program as a whole.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Multi level interview process, tiring and challenging, some managers are prepared, some not so much, but you can tell that the people who have worked there a while is proud of their firm.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. Wanted to figure out if you fit with the company culture.Asked about previous work experience. They were very nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. Interviewed one on one with the hiring manager and also with two HR people.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neuberger Berman (New York, NY).

Interview

Awful experience. Very unprofessional.
    The hiring manager was on his computer 80% of time. His desk was cluttered with resumes and notes. His organization was not up to par. He asked me a few questions i answered them. I asked him a few questions he got offended?

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 10, what is your fixed income knowledge?

On a scale of 10, what is your excel knowledge?
      Answer Question