Neustar Sr. Manager, Business Analysis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Neustar

1 Interview Review

Sr. Manager, Business Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was fast as incumbent was offered another position within the company. I was referred by someone I knew at my current firm to the external recruiter who was hired to fill the position. I was screened(over the phone) by the recruiter for match, salary, interest etc. This was followed up by Phone interview with hiring manager. When he was convinced about the interest and match, I was called in for a full day of 1:1 interviews. I think I met with 7 people 1:1 including incumbent, hiring manager and HR Manager for the group. Most of the interviews were about my resume, interests and reason's for looking for a new opportunity. HR person wanted me to give clear indication of my salary requirements. I was told from start that the move will be lateral and I was fine with that. It was a comfortable setting overall and everyone was frank about good and not so good about the job. I was provided feedback by recruiter the next day. Then I was told that the job has to be posted internally for a week before they can move forward. It was a bit of a surprise as no one was aware of this issue before, but it was handled well by the recruiter.

After the internal requirement was completed, I was asked to come and meet with SVP/Head of the Business Unit. That meeting was short and sweet. It was just a meeting to make me feel wanted. Everyone I met was nice and they made me feel comfortable. In terms of culture, I think it is a good place to work with motivated employees. Most employees I met mentioned that they work long hours (50+ hours a week), but they were noy complaining, so I think overall it is a good mix. The salary and benefits package is good and balanced.

Overall, the process was quick and I was treated well.

Interview Questions

• Would you feel comfortable in working with IT to improve sales reporting? Have you done something similar before?   Answer Question

I decided to stay at my current firm because I thought it is better to stick with the people who know me and trust me especially in this tough economic environment where one can be let go on LIFO basis. As it was a lateral move there was not much of an economic incentive to move and severance package at NeuStar was nonexistent for me to take risk in this environment.