Neustar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Neustar

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA).

Interview

First interview was an HR screening, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that was a round of 3 interviews with upper management. Most questions were skills related and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Always know about the company in any interview. They were pleasantly surprised I read up on the company before the interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

My interview was fairly non-standard, since my interviewer had specifically requested me (we met on a project during my internship last year, and he was impressed with how well I worked for an underclassman university student.). I was presented with an actual problem that the group was planning on having me work on, and was asked about how I would approach the problem. It was very imformal, and very relaxed, with us just sitting in a small conference room and working through the problem.

Interview Questions

• The only question was about how to solve the problem they were facing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotionation, I was applying for an internship, and was just happy to have a job for the summer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email for a screening interview. Called in and was put into a conference call with two engineers. They talked about the position and the internship program. When I told them I was currently taking sophomore level courses, the tone of the interview changed. It was almost as if they were trying to dissuade me from pursuing an internship in software development.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

1 set of interviews by a technical group with at least 1 in-depth interview. 1 set of interviews for non-technical staff including senior management.

Interview Questions

• Who shot first, Han or Greedo? I'm not joking I was asked that.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I received a call from a recruiter, he scheduled a technical phone interview, I passed this test and was invited to an on-site interview. All people I met were pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• Linux administration commands, phyton commands, and behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. I met with several members of the marketing team, as well as the VP and CMO. I did an initial phone screening with the hiring manager and after that I participated in several in-person interviews. The overall interview process was seamless and I really learned a lot about the company through my conversations with the employees. I was able to have a candid conversation with the senior management team and I immediately felt like this organization was the right fit for my career.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to interview with Neustar and how do you see this job helping you progress in your career?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, interview with Manager, interview with Director, phone interview with VP

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what DNS is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was painless. They offered me what I was looking for in the offer.

AE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neustar (Brisbane, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Recruiter Called and Interviewed me on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Can you make 120 or more cold calls a day?   2 Answers

I had a better offer at that time. I heard they have a High Turnover Rate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

First the interview was a phone interview, with a unskilled person asking software questions, Then later you are invited in for a interview. Fist you will meet with a Human Resources person, who will describe benefits. Next you will meet with a single interviewer, like a manager. Next after that you will meet with a group of software engineers. You will have intensive questions on knowledge of C++ and software processes, Given example problems and asked to solve them, first with a single interviewer and later with a group.

Interview Questions

• Describe a abstract class and use it in a example   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview process was professional and very well handled. HR team did an excellent job in communicating and coordinating all meetings, everyone was was on time and engaged, I got to meet a wide range of people who both asked questions as well as answered mine. I was very impressed with the process and all of the people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair and market focused. Your value and the market set the direction.