Neustar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neustar (Fairport, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I met individually with the Team Lead, the manager, a developer on another team and a developer on the team for which I was applying.
    The team lead asked me a couple softball object oriented quiz questions and then some moderate "how would you accomplish x scenarios" and a couple provide some high-level design for these tasks. We then talked about my previous experience and the responsibilities of the position that I was applying to for a bit.
    The manager asked me questions about my previous experience in an agile environment and we discussed in what environments I work best and why. More questions along that vein.
    The developer on the other team asked me more detailed questions on my previous experience.
    The developer on the team to which I was applying asked me the occasional database question or question about my education among a large amount of casual conversation about various technologies used in this field.

I was extremely impressed by the speed to which the interview process was started and completed and the speed at which I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide the classes you would create for a generic card game.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email for a screening interview. Called in and was put into a conference call with two engineers. They talked about the position and the internship program. When I told them I was currently taking sophomore level courses, the tone of the interview changed. It was almost as if they were trying to dissuade me from pursuing an internship in software development.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After a brief introduction with the hiring manager, I was asked to come in for a half day of interviews with five people on the engineering team. After two weeks, I received notice that I would not be ing moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly technical questions around data structures, e.g., hash tables.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. I met with several members of the marketing team, as well as the VP and CMO. I did an initial phone screening with the hiring manager and after that I participated in several in-person interviews. The overall interview process was seamless and I really learned a lot about the company through my conversations with the employees. I was able to have a candid conversation with the senior management team and I immediately felt like this organization was the right fit for my career.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to interview with Neustar and how do you see this job helping you progress in your career?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Neustar (McLean, VA).

Interview

Unexpected lengthy process with an unnecessarily long online application process of which the information is not used at all in the process. Hiring managers talk more about the benefits and the wonderful workplace than the actual position and what needs to be accomplished. For the size of company the processes are very arduous and cumbersome, the timing of the offer was longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about managing difficult management situations and how you would solve them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little back and forth, do not move on basics but will move on cash.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Phone screening, personality based interview, technical interview and sometimes yet another interview with the director/VP

Demand Generation Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar in May 2014.

Interview

30 minute intro call with talent acquisition staff who was very concise and professional. 4 to 5 face to face interviews and 3 conference calls with a variety of employees from different business segments of the company.

Interview Questions

• If you are ready and familiar with the position and what the company does no problem   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Interview

Ask some programming questions, ask about background and projects.

Interview Questions

• how would you know a user is accessing your website from mobile phone or computer?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Mateo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, a recruiter reached out to me who set up a couple of telephonic calls followed by an on-site interview in san mateo, ca.

The whole process took about 4-weeks.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

I had a slow but effective onboarding process. I started as a contractor first, then was hired permanently.

Interview Questions

• My hiring manager knew me, so there were no difficult questions, but I did have to go through a background check.   Answer Question