Neustar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Neustar

3.1

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people, mostly lawyers (including the GC), over the course of multiple days and a dozen hours. After all of the interviews, we discussed salary and start date. Then they stopped returning my phone calls. They couldn't even respond and say they had moved on, they just ignored me. It felt like such a slap in the face after everything I had gone through to interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my legal experience.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

I applied for an analyst position and a recruiter reached out to me within a days. We set up a phone call where he asked the standard screening questions and then wanted to set me up on a phone interview with one of the managers. After learning more about the position, I realized it didn't align with my career goals. I told the recruiter that I wanted to withdraw my application since I didn't feel it was a match. His reply? "Understood, it's a tough gig with high visibility." Being condescending after a phone screening? I'm happy I withdrew my candidacy because if this is how they treat applicants, I can't even imagine how they speak to their employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history.
      Do you have experience with Excel, SQL, Python?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neustar (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Several phone screenings, followed by in person interviews. Overall, it took a couple of weeks for the entire job process, maybe even a month. Good luck. Brush up on logic questions.

Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Neustar in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail and scheduled back-to-back interviews with her and the hiring manager for the next day. Everything went very quickly and I liked their speed in communicating with me...until I was given an "assignment." I was told the hiring manager wanted to see my writing style and was told I had 48 hours to draft a blog post, 12 powerpoint slides and a short social media strategy on the topic. I enjoyed the assignment and was thrilled to send in my work. Three weeks then passed, and I didn't even get a note saying that they had received my work. I finally followed up with the recruiter, who then told me they were hiring someone else. Yes, it hurt to be rejected, and I do realize that companies do not respond to applicants as often as we would like. However, when I do a fully-customized writing assignment as part of the interview process, some validation would go a long way. I thought that was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Explain a complicated topic to me in a simple way, so I can learn and understand it.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with peers and some executives to determine mutual interest and fit. Got to see the work environment. People were candid about what was working and what wasn't and how the role would help address what wasn't working. Very forward thinking.

Negotiation

Make sure your compensation expectations are outlined at the beginning so the offer you get is as close to what you want - versus having them guess.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

I got referred by an employee for QA Engineer position and I heard good things about the company so I decided to go for it. At first they requested a phone interview, but then they skipped that and went straight for an on-site interview. I talked with 3 QA engineers and finally with the VP, everything went smoothly and I got a positive feedback during the interview. However, after the interviews nobody actually got back to me, I tried sending couple of follow-ups to people I talked to during the process, but no luck. What a joke...

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Mateo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, a recruiter reached out to me who set up a couple of telephonic calls followed by an on-site interview in san mateo, ca.

The whole process took about 4-weeks.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Phone screening, personality based interview, technical interview and sometimes yet another interview with the director/VP

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred for this position by a current employee and spoke to someone in HR before they set me up to speak to the Manager. After a phone interview I then went in to meet with the Manager and a few members of the team where we discussed my background and the requirements for the position. It was a very good experience for me and all the people were very friendly. They unfortunately decided to go with another candidate for this role, but hopefully will keep me in mind for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• I struggled with some of the technical questions, but think overall things went well.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

I had a slow but effective onboarding process. I started as a contractor first, then was hired permanently.

Interview Questions

• My hiring manager knew me, so there were no difficult questions, but I did have to go through a background check.   Answer Question