Neustar Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter regarding the position and went through two phone screens, an on-site visit with 5 team members followed by another phone interview. I felt great throughout the process and my recruiter was fantastic to work with by providing me timely updates during every step. Unfortunately, the role requirements changed as the company was looking to change the primary location of the role and the key responsibilities. I feel that this should have been clear upfront on work location and for the company to spend the time on what they expect a prospect to handle with the role responsibilities and not waste their time until the very end and change everything. This may be a blessing based on the past reviews of the company's uncertainty and management changes and the sudden behavior change at the end of the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I connect with a Recruiter after I submitted my application. After, I had a phone interview with the Manager of Sales Development. He assigned me a task to do once the phone interview was over. I connected one more time with the Recruiter before I had an on-site interview. I had a group interview, I talked to the Manager of Sales Development and the Director of Sales. I connected one more time with the Recruiter before getting an offer. I think the process was very straightforward. I think it is very important that do research about the company and the products prior to the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview consists of a few phone screenings and an in-person interview. In each, they are trying to see if you have sales acumen, how professional you sound both on phone, in person, and via email, and how driven you are. They don't ask specifics about the products but rather are looking for a person who is able to solution sell. They want to see that you really understand the industry, the position, and your idea of a good sales process as an SDR. Throughout the whole process you speak to the recruiter, hiring manager, an SDR on the team you would work on, a sales director, and the senior sales VP.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took about 1 month, consisting of multiple phone and in-person interviews. You get to speak with a few different people, so it gives you a better idea of the company environment.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After a brief introduction with the hiring manager, I was asked to come in for a half day of interviews with five people on the engineering team. After two weeks, I received notice that I would not be ing moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly technical questions around data structures, e.g., hash tables.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. I met with several members of the marketing team, as well as the VP and CMO. I did an initial phone screening with the hiring manager and after that I participated in several in-person interviews. The overall interview process was seamless and I really learned a lot about the company through my conversations with the employees. I was able to have a candid conversation with the senior management team and I immediately felt like this organization was the right fit for my career.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to interview with Neustar and how do you see this job helping you progress in your career?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Mateo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, a recruiter reached out to me who set up a couple of telephonic calls followed by an on-site interview in san mateo, ca.

The whole process took about 4-weeks.

Network Geography Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. I interviewed in October for the position. I felt I did pretty well however I did not receive an offer or any communication. At the advice of a friend, I reached out again after the holidays in January and it just so happened someone else on that team had quit. Lucky me (hindsight, unlucky me). I got hired in February. Later down the line, I learned that the other person who had been hired prior to me who got the position back in the October round of interviews was hired strictly because said person was a friend of an employee there.

This was the interview process, showed up mid day around noon. Interviewed with manager, left to wait in the room for a couple of minutes. Interviewed by 2 other members of the team. Wait 5 minutes, interviewed with 2 more members of the team. Interview with Manager of our sister team. Interview with members of our sister team. Interview with the director of the department. Honestly at the time I thought it was a normal part of the process but hindsight, why on earth would they have me interview so many people when the work I was basic data entry grunt work and for a measly 38k a year starting??!

Later down the line I learned someone had been hired through a series of phone interviews for a prominent position within the company. No in person interview. Get your priorities straight.

Interview Questions

• the names of geographical locations   1 Answer

AE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neustar (Brisbane, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Recruiter Called and Interviewed me on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Can you make 120 or more cold calls a day?   2 Answers

I had a better offer at that time. I heard they have a High Turnover Rate.