Neustar Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Neustar Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Neustar

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Neustar (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR and then direct on-site interview. Met with the Director and was asked basic questions, What is closure? Also, questions related to jquery,Ajax..

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty starigtforward and did not take any ugly turn..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Neustar

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Neustar in January 2013.

Interview

Had not heard of Neustar until the HR recruiter called and introduced himself. Initially I was not interested but after the conversation I was intrigued and gave permission to send my resume on for review. I interviewed within that week and felt I was well informed walking in. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, was a mix of the general getting to know you and technical interview with some code samples. Felt I did well but got the sense they were looking for someone a bit more senior and that they just started the hiring process. Recruiter followed up regularly over the next few weeks and was up font in telling me they were continuing to interview and that he would keep me in mind for any other opportunities that may open up. Not sure if the position has been filled yet or not. I still remain interested and would certainly consider interviewing at Neustar again.

Interview Questions

• A few questions around big data technologies that I have not had the opportunity to work with at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Neustar (Fairport, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I met individually with the Team Lead, the manager, a developer on another team and a developer on the team for which I was applying.
    The team lead asked me a couple softball object oriented quiz questions and then some moderate "how would you accomplish x scenarios" and a couple provide some high-level design for these tasks. We then talked about my previous experience and the responsibilities of the position that I was applying to for a bit.
    The manager asked me questions about my previous experience in an agile environment and we discussed in what environments I work best and why. More questions along that vein.
    The developer on the other team asked me more detailed questions on my previous experience.
    The developer on the team to which I was applying asked me the occasional database question or question about my education among a large amount of casual conversation about various technologies used in this field.

I was extremely impressed by the speed to which the interview process was started and completed and the speed at which I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide the classes you would create for a generic card game.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Neustar (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

After a brief introduction with the hiring manager, I was asked to come in for a half day of interviews with five people on the engineering team. After two weeks, I received notice that I would not be ing moving forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked mostly technical questions around data structures, e.g., hash tables.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Neustar (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone screening.Then coding test on online tool like hackerearth. two 1:1 rounds with different people.Manager round and discussion about work and project, expectations etc.HR discussions including salary etc.Then offer was given in week.