New Alternatives for Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.8

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at New Alternatives for Children (New York, NY).

Interview

Submit application, no phone screen, invitation to interview, one in person interview, an assignment.

The interview lasted 3 hours and was very casual. I left feeling fairly positive about the experience and was told I would be contacted in ~2 weeks. I reached out via email and was told that it would take more time but then was never contacted again. Overall I had a negative experience, I never spoke with HR, received no follow up, and had little to no direction about the "assignment/writing sample." Friendly hiring manager but the process was unprofessional.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New Alternatives for Children in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple, it was a group interview, spent at least 30 minutes discussing my background, work history, school etc. spent the next 25 minutes talking about the organization itself. Be sure to do your history on the company and try to project your availability effectively.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Alternatives for Children.

Interview

I met with the head of the department as well as another employee. It was a standard interview, I told her about myself and she explained the position to me. She didn't ask me if I had any questions, but I was able to ask the other employee I met.

Health Care Integrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Alternatives for Children (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Straight forward interview, very general and basic social work related questions were asked. Interviewed by Assistant Director and Supervisor. Only one in-person interview took place, and job was offered via phone soon after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New Alternatives for Children in April 2014.

Interview

I met the HR representative at a school job fair and received an invitation to attend a group interview. At the interview there were about 70+ people, but we were each arranged at tables of 8 people and interviewed. The interview took a few hours. We were briefed on the company structure, positions available,and the skills requested. Then we were asked multiple questions, and then filled out a writing sample. This took time. We also were required to bring a pre-filled application form and survey. They were very thorough.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about confidentiality and behavioral-based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer after two weeks of the interview, were professional, and followed-up with training dates.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Alternatives for Children (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of the ED, VP, and several members of the Development Department. It took more than an hour and consisted of questions about my relevant job experience and why I was interested in the position. They were looking for someone with strong experience in Volunteer management and my experience in Development was a plus as I was to work closely with members of that department.