New Era Cap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Era Cap Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

Interviewed originally via Hirevue software. Was contacted by phone to schedule a 2nd interview with hiring managers. Never heard back from the company despite 8 phone calls and messages left with the recruiter throughout the next 2 months. Very poor respect for potential full time employees.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

the management team seemed very incompetent and didn't seem to have a sense of direction or vision. I sensed some sort of internal conflict as well. Do not waste your time interviewing with this company. Difficult interview because of how unorganized they were, I've been in the supply chain industry for 5 years and they didn't seem to know what to ask me. Asked me a lot of random, irrelevant filler questions. Was called in for another interview and I declined.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Buffalo, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with 2 people (separately) then included a tour of facility. The interview could not have gone better, and I was very qualified, but I knew I would not be hired as everyone there is younger and hipper. I think they thought I would not "fit in" with their image. And ... I was correct ... did not get job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Category Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Buffalo, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

New Era hiring manager approached me through a mutual contact and asked me to apply for the position. She said, "we desperately need someone quickly."
    I immediately applied, had a digital interview, and then crickets.
    I followed up on a bi-weekly basis, and heard back 3 months later that they went in a different direction.

Don't expect a quick turnaround.
    Don't expect much professionalism.
    New Era reeks of a "BRO" culture.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in New Era?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Buffalo, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Had one phone interview and then one in-person interview with a group of people. They were more looking for someone to handle files than to do any design. Standard questions about skills and past experiences. Said they'd call in a couple of days. Called a month later. I'd already taken a different job.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how good are you at Photoshop?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

2 interviewers, usually a manager and one more person. Very fair interview, not to hard of an interview. Asked about certain examples of when I would do a certain process or solve a certain problem

Interview Questions

• Are you good at multi tasking? If so, give us an example.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

2 HR phone screens, then phone interview with manager, the interview the department head.

Interview Questions

• When you look back 5 years from now, what will be your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Era Cap.

Interview

Very discombobulated and unorganized. Not what I expected for a good company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about some initiatives taking place at their company - I had no idea what they were referring to.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The first interview was with two people over speaker phone. The second was with the logistics manager over the phone. The third interview was face to face with the logistics manager.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Era Cap (Buffalo, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a standard interview process which started over the phone with the stock HR questions, then in-person interviews with department managers. 4 interviews over the course of 2 months. HR seemed a bit disjointed and inexperienced. I now know why, it's because their HR team has a relatively high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of the ordinary - especially with the direct HR interviews. They were word for word out of the HR manual of top interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate. I experienced a take it-or-leave-it situation. Because of my situation at that time, I had no choice but to take it, but if I was at a better place at the moment I would have declined based on what was offered (bare minimum on the benefits table)