New Hanover Regional Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

3.2

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

You meet with an HR rep briefly to go over starting dates, starting rate, etc. You then have an interview with that HR person and managers from the floor you applied to. After that you have a second interview with current employees for a peer interview. Questions are almost exclusively behavioral based interview questions, with the exception of one or two 'ice breaker' type questions in the very beginning.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were able to persuade others to see things your way. What was the result?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Interview

Received a call from the interested manager to meet and have a one to one. The interview was relaxed and straight forward. Discussed my experience and skill set as well as shift preference. Was interviewed by 2 unit managers, both extending offers. Having ICU skills prior is a BIG plus.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. Describe a time when you had to ..... What method do you use to buffer conflicts.. Tell about a time when you had to go above and beyond..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes! I always negotiate salary. Was able to get the base pay increased by $3 per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with HR/Hiring managers and then after that I met with the peer review team. I was given info on benefits and pay during the interview process.They asked pretty standard behavioral interview questions. Then allowed time at the end to ask your own questions, so always come prepared. The whole process lasted about an hour.Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to adjust to a situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Patient Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with the staff manager and two current employees at the time. We sat together in a room and discussed the job, my resume, and I was asked questions by the staff members. It was a very relaxed interview and I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a patient death emotionally and learn to not bring it home with you?   Answer Question

Patient Liaison/Surgical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an email requesting that I provide 5 references and their email address. Once my references had completed a survey on my work ethics I was invited in for a face to face interview with a member of HR. The interview seemed to go okay until I was told the rate of pay. It was well below what I had expected especially with my background. I believe expressing my disappointed in the pay rate sent the interview south. The interviewer proceed to ask questions related to the job experience however if it wasn't an answer he want he would rudely interrupt and ask for a better example. Never before had this happen.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you incurred a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Interview

Went through three types of interviews. One with HR, one with a manager and another with peers. They use behavioral based interview questions. Google behavioral based interview questions and youll get a feel of what your going to be asked, I researched it quite a bit before I went and it helped me at my interview with being more at ease because I felt more prepared. The HR interviewer was extremely nice and down to earth. Everyone was very very friendly which helped with my nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had miscommunication with another coworker and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Called by HR rep and asked to come for an interview, then called again for interview with pharmacy management and other pharmacy technicians. Received call 2 hours later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest challenge in my previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - you get what you are offered

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Interview

they ask questions that they really want to hear you praise other people not say anything about your self. they wanted to hear bad things about your last employer it seemed , which i as not going to do

Interview Questions

• they implied , ithought a question where by it seemed i was to break hippa , which i wasn't about to do ,   Answer Question

I heard so many bad stories about how the management treats the staff and has no respect , and they hold you back when you want to tx , sounded too scary

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Behavioral based interview. The purpose is to get a glimse of your personality to see if your right for working at NHRMC. They asked a series of questions that describe a very specific scenario that you are supposed to fit a past experience of your own into, even if you haven't had an experience like the hypothetical one described they make you give an answer. It is ridiculous that they base their decisions for hire on an interview like this, there is no way someone's ability to do the job can be accurately assessed with this type of interview. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, NHRMC has a monopoly on healthcare in the area.

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

They called my original supervisor first, then I had a peer interview and people that already worked there interviewed me. It was 4 people that worked in different parts of the operating room and they each asked me questions.