New Haven Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Haven Public Schools

Part- Time Italian Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Haven Public Schools (New Haven, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and to the point. She was very open minded and helpful. She asked a serious of questions on my past jobs and I answered accordingly. It was very to the point and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into teaching?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation process. The job was part time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Haven Public Schools (New Haven, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process took place 3-4 weeks after receiving notice that I was being considered. During the interview I met with two personnel who had been Executive assistants in the Superintendents office. They were pleasant and wanted to get a feel for my overall personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressured situations?   1 Answer

Middle School Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New Haven Public Schools (New Haven, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. First was with the science supervisor with the district. Met for about 45 minutes and learned about the different types of schools like the many magnet schools in the district. Talked in depth about why I would want to teach in an urban district and about classroom management. Then after about two weeks, I was called for an interview with the principal of a prek-8 school. That interview lasted about 30 minutes, again with an emphasis about classroom management. I was called a week later and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in an urban district?
      How will you engage the students in the classroom?
      What is your classroom management style?
      Answer Question