New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Account Executive Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone screening with a recruiter in Michigan, going over my employment history. I was scheduled an interview within the same week with a sales manager in Chicago. The manager reviewed my resume, and told me a little more about the company.This interview was brief,so when asked if I had any questions, I had a few. I didn't really get the impression that the manager understood and answered my questions fully. My first red flag was when the manager discussed how there is a high turnover rate. All of the employees have been working in that office for less than a year. After answering my questions, I had the chance to speak to one of the top Account Executives to go over their experience working there. They pretty much reiterated everything the sales manager and I discussed but maybe with a little more details. I eventually met with the general manager who asked a few new questions related to my interest in sales and how long I have been in the job market.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a call from the HR Department. The generic questions were asked. Once you’ve passed the grade with HR, the Sales Manager calls to schedule an appointment for an in-person interview. This phase of the Interview contains multi-levels. You meet briefly with the Sales Manager, take a 30-minute Assessment Test, which consists of questions to assay your skills in math, computers and sales; and then, you shadow an Account Executive. Finally, you meet with the Sales Manager, where she goes over your resume and work experience. The usual sales questions are asked. I’ve actually trained Fortune 500 Account Executives in every aspect of B2B consultative sales, so there really weren’t any questions that I found to be out-of-the box. At this time, the Sales Manager is ascertaining how well you fit within the corporate culture as well if she believes that you can function cross-functionally and collaboratively with the sales team. This completes Day 1 of the New Horizons interview. If all goes well, an appointment is made for another day, when you are invited in to do a PowerPoint sales presentation for the Sales Manager and the Vice President of Sales.
    You are asked to research one of their IT products as well as the competitive landscape, and to pretend that you are selling this product to a customer that you have already met with. (At the same time that I was interviewing with New Horizons, I was interviewing for a director-level sales position – paying 3-times as much as NH, -- and was not asked to jump through as many hoops). I received an offer from that job, but did not receive an offer from NH.
    I spent a lot of time with the Sales Manager and found her to be quite delightful and professional. I actually thought we had great chemistry and would work well together. I spent very little time with the VP, but found him to be knowledgeable and professional as well. Here’s my advice: If you are going to ask so much of your employment candidates, at the very least, you should be prepared to send a personalized rejection letter. When you require a candidate to spend so much of their valuable time interviewing for a Tier 1 Account Executive position, common courtesy demands that something more than a one-size-fits-all generic rejection letter should be composed and sent. REMEMBER NEW HORIZONS’ CORE VALUES: Gratitude, Respect, Accountability, Simplicity and People-First.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Bloomfield, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told entirely what its like to work a new Horizons. I wasn't asked many questions about myself. The GM did most of the talking and explained the selling process and what he expects from me

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy. One in person interview with typical questions. "What would make you a good fit?" etc. Had one other interview on the phone. Spoke to both a sales manager and VP of Sales. Was an easy process. They sell you on the position that isn't all they sell it to be though.

Interview Questions

• "What would make you a good fit"   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

Interview

I experienced a phone interview from a hiring manager in sales. He asked some basic questions such as: what brought you to apply to this company, how did you here about the position and what are you looking for in your next job/career. He was brutally honest about the position in that he was very detailed about the working conditions, the number of calls expected to be made, the small cubicle that I would be working from is I got the job and the "ridiculously low base salary". He went on to say that it would take about a year to ramp up!?? That was enough for me to say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily a question but, more of a statement; it takes about a year to ramp up!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews, the first with the sales manager and the second with the sales director and the VP of sales. It was pretty standard. I was hired within one week of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about past positions and what were some of the things that I was proud of in my work experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Burbank, CA).

Interview

The interview process was long and rather tedious even to go as far as to say they actually call you in for a sales presentation. I met with a sales manager first for an hour long skills test and interview. I than a week later got called in for a sales presentation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

First they speak with you on the phone. If they like you, they ask you to come in. They have you interview with GM, sales manager, and sales VP. VP has final say.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a prospect who is pushing back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then in person interview with Sales Manager and General Manager. Pretty basic, really just getting to know the person and determining their hunger for sales. Offer was made a few weeks later and was able to get started at the beginning of the next month. Very straight forward and simple process, but tried, true, and effective.

Interview Questions

• Asked to try and sell the interviewer his pen, pretty standard for a sales position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I am a transfer from another location. The interviewer was a sales manager. He was knowledgeable about the sales processes for NH and asks good questions related specifically to this type of sale. He hadn’t been with the company very long (3 months) according to his linkedin profile, but he did a good job and I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you present a price increase to your clients such as the one we just had with Cisco?   1 Answer
    • What happened at your last position? Why would you go if things were so good?(I provided detailed success documentation)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will usually give you an unacceptable offer to start. You will have to negotiate by providing data to why you are worth more than whatever offer they make. Make a good case (sell yourself) and they are fair, you will get your money.