New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.4

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very professional and progressive from hiring manager to executive management team. Follow up and next steps were timely and not drawn out like other company hiring process. All phone interviews were done using Skype.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone screening with a recruiter in Michigan, going over my employment history. I was scheduled an interview within the same week with a sales manager in Chicago. The manager reviewed my resume, and told me a little more about the company.This interview was brief,so when asked if I had any questions, I had a few. I didn't really get the impression that the manager understood and answered my questions fully. My first red flag was when the manager discussed how there is a high turnover rate. All of the employees have been working in that office for less than a year. After answering my questions, I had the chance to speak to one of the top Account Executives to go over their experience working there. They pretty much reiterated everything the sales manager and I discussed but maybe with a little more details. I eventually met with the general manager who asked a few new questions related to my interest in sales and how long I have been in the job market.

IT Technician/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Tucson, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

All via phone except last one. Very comfortable to talk to. Both project manager or CIO were easy to talk to. We went over what the job will entail, hours, and they had some one for the Tucson office but would I be willing to work in Sierra Vista, AZ. I have no ties to Tucson so I said sure why not? I have nothing but great things to say about the company.

Operations Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Plantation, FL).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and extremely personal. Not only do you have to take a personalty test before the interview, they make you take a "placement" test upon arrival. They ask questions about your childhood starting from Kindergarten. They ask about your family and about what personality types you don't get along with. One interview performed a "power interview" and would interrupt me mid sentence if she "heard what she was looking for."
    I interviewed with 4 different people all on different days. It was supposed to all happen on the same day but the interviewers kept cancelling while I was there and had to reschedule. It was unprofessional and the atmosphere seemed awkward and tense. No one ever called or emailed to tell me I didn't get the job. Anytime I followed up, they kept telling me they were still interviewing other candidates and that someone would get back to me. It's been over 4 months.

Interview Questions

• What do you remember from kindergarten?
      Did you make friends easily?
      Tell us about a conflict experience and how you resolved it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process began with a call from the HR Department. The generic questions were asked. Once you’ve passed the grade with HR, the Sales Manager calls to schedule an appointment for an in-person interview. This phase of the Interview contains multi-levels. You meet briefly with the Sales Manager, take a 30-minute Assessment Test, which consists of questions to assay your skills in math, computers and sales; and then, you shadow an Account Executive. Finally, you meet with the Sales Manager, where she goes over your resume and work experience. The usual sales questions are asked. I’ve actually trained Fortune 500 Account Executives in every aspect of B2B consultative sales, so there really weren’t any questions that I found to be out-of-the box. At this time, the Sales Manager is ascertaining how well you fit within the corporate culture as well if she believes that you can function cross-functionally and collaboratively with the sales team. This completes Day 1 of the New Horizons interview. If all goes well, an appointment is made for another day, when you are invited in to do a PowerPoint sales presentation for the Sales Manager and the Vice President of Sales.
    You are asked to research one of their IT products as well as the competitive landscape, and to pretend that you are selling this product to a customer that you have already met with. (At the same time that I was interviewing with New Horizons, I was interviewing for a director-level sales position – paying 3-times as much as NH, -- and was not asked to jump through as many hoops). I received an offer from that job, but did not receive an offer from NH.
    I spent a lot of time with the Sales Manager and found her to be quite delightful and professional. I actually thought we had great chemistry and would work well together. I spent very little time with the VP, but found him to be knowledgeable and professional as well. Here’s my advice: If you are going to ask so much of your employment candidates, at the very least, you should be prepared to send a personalized rejection letter. When you require a candidate to spend so much of their valuable time interviewing for a Tier 1 Account Executive position, common courtesy demands that something more than a one-size-fits-all generic rejection letter should be composed and sent. REMEMBER NEW HORIZONS’ CORE VALUES: Gratitude, Respect, Accountability, Simplicity and People-First.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

Interview

It was two interviews with two different people. The whole process took 2-3 weeks between my first interview and my job offer. Pretty simple, generic questions overall. The second interview was very short, almost pointless because it was so short.

Receptionist Interview

Interview

Typical interview in conference room. Easy. Started out with general questions of why I would like to work there and ended with a job offer on the spot.
    The managers were really nice but I ended up leaving due to rude sales team.

B2G Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke candidly on the phone a couple of times. Very exciting prospect. In person interview lasted a couple of hours and I had to cut it short. Wasn't getting a real idea of what they wanted and, unfortunately, my neck arthritis was painting me.

Interview Questions

• He was really searching to see if our personalities would mesh and if my personality was right for the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (Bloomfield, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told entirely what its like to work a new Horizons. I wasn't asked many questions about myself. The GM did most of the talking and explained the selling process and what he expects from me

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly staff. Took a PI test few days before, then a wonder lit test day of interview. Controller was very easy to talk to and not intimidating at all. Asked basic interview questions. Spoke on the phone to GM as well for about 30 minutes, very friendly as well.