New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.

Interview

Applied in December 2015... Received an email approx. 4 months later, for an interview.. Meanwhile I completely forget what I even applied.They send you a packet via email to fill out, you email back HR the packet, transcripts, resume. Then you get a follow up email, and then you check in with some guard at the parking lot in Trenton. The HR lady was pretty slow, she kept mixing my name up with someone else, so I politely asked to make sure they have the proper file and packet at hand so there's no mistake. I interviewed with them twice, back in April and last week May 5th. I have not heard back from April interview, and HR said it can take anywhere from 2-3weeks if NOT more.. So assuming if its more than 5 weeks probably a good chance to write it off.. But then again it is a state job..

Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (Trenton, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel 3 Interviewers and 1 facilitator for timed interview about 8 questions - not told that it was timed, but maybe1 hour. Very unfriendly interview - no smiles or opportunity allowed for interviewers to greet you or ask their own questions or follow up questions to your answers. Weird because office culture is the opposite - friendly. They did not know how to describe the position hiring for.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple projects and maintain deadlines   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (Trenton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted to see if I was interested in the position. We agreed on a time for an interview and I went to the NJDEP in Trenton where the interview was held. I met with 7 people at once in a conference room. Each person was apart of a different concentration of GIS and each had questions for me. I was eventually notified by email with their decision.

Environmental Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (Trenton, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

You Interview with about ten people from different bureaus in the department but it was not an intimidating atmosphere. You fill out preferences for areas int he Department you would like to work. They ask easy questions and it is a fairly short interview. It took about 10 minutes total. They ask all the interviewees the same questions off a sheet of paper that they give you when you walk in. The questions are basic personality questions, nothing very technical or specific. One person asks the questions while the others all sit and listen to your responses and make notes. The bureau members pick which candidates they want for their bureau.