New Jersey Institute of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New Jersey Institute of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Interview

None. There was only resume screening and I got the job based solely on it. Make sure you gear it more towards non-technical achievements you have had in the past and include your GPA on it. The more the GPA the higher your chances of getting in. I got an email from the HR department of the University saying I was hired and that was mostly it.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a three round process that started with a form and then we were called for interview which took place in the month of February 2017 and was conducted on campus and took almost a month to complete

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced that you were able to tackle without any assistance from your friends or peers?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

As a former FT employee, my interview was atypical, but having participated before in interviews from the other side, I know that if someone has taught that course or a similar one at another institution, the path is generally quite easy.

Interview Questions

• Have you taught this course before elsewhere?   1 Answer
    • Have you taught online?   1 Answer

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Attend information sessions and submit your non-technical resume which represent customer satisfaction. After that, if selected have to go through telephonic interview followed by face to face interview. Last but not the least, have to complete in-person training and online training before taking shifts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with NJIT Reslife?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was normal.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was of 2 rounds. First was about knowing experience and knowledge.
    Second was more like a technical interview. where they asked me more about networking and cloud computing. Also professor reference is required as this research assistant job.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. They had asked for my resume, then an online screening and finally an interview in person. The process was very much good and I was kept well informed through out the process.

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

First you will need to attend to one of the information sessions from the reslife department where you will have to give your ID and Resume at the end of the session, they will screen out the resumes, and , if selected, they will send you an email with an option to select a time to be interviewed, you will have the choice to apply for 2 positions on the reslife department, if selected, they will send an email stating so. Then they will give you instruction in order to get an SSN and other paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences do you will will help you in this position.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Interview

Set up through a recruiter. Got phone call after two weeks and got invited for in person interview. Very nice people and questions were not very difficult. Did a laboratory tour, met faculty and staff. Current projects were describe and I gave a presentation on my past experience.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked basic questions about my background and what i knew about the topic i was applying for. Really enjoyed getting to know the professor and him getting to know me. He was really nice and kindly went through all the potential projects I can work on in his lab. After the interview, he gave me a choice to chosse what I liked the best. The freedom to choose what I wanted was really nice.

Res Life Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

resume short listing,
    few questions related to jobs
    and finally the interview.
    the interview will be one on one.
    you have to book your slots.
    once the interview is done , you will get mails if selected.
    at every stage, they will notify via email if you are qualified for the next stage.