New Jersey On-Line Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Jersey On-Line

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New Jersey On-Line (Bridgeton, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed by the chief editor and the editor I would report to in the morning. In the afternoon, I worked in the newsroom, writing a basic 12-inch story for the inside pages. I made a couple calls to sources identified by the staff. Pretty straightforward, and they paid me for the day.

Interview Questions

• One of the editors either had another candidate already or just didn't take to me. It felt like he had no questions had no questions.   1 Answer

Rutgers Football Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New Jersey On-Line in July 2015.

Interview

It was an arduous multi-step online interview process in which I spent about an hour filling out the questionnaire. There was no contact with the hiring managers, as everything was done electronically.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New Jersey On-Line (Trenton, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty laid-back. The editor asked to see some of my clips. I had already done some freelance for the publication before getting the job and that was very helpful. Editors are very friendly, approachable, and made me feel very comfortable. It seemed clear toward the end of the interview that I was going to be chosen as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Talked about my journalism experience, education, goals, and availability.   Answer Question

Circulation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New Jersey On-Line (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Straight forward, conversational interview process. Overall enjoyed it and believe more interviews for entry level positions. Should be managed through conversation rather than the tedious and almost test like atmosphere you see at other firms.

Interview Questions

• They were most concerned with availability and reliability   1 Answer